The Tribute

Everything Phatty.
slabwax

The Tribute

Post by slabwax » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm starting to look at the LP. I see the the Tribute is not able to be upgraded to Lp2.0 yet. What is the internal differences between the old Stage and the Tribute? From what I've been able to find it's only the wood side panels and other non functional bits. Thanks for the help

Dean

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 pm

From what I understand, the Stage I has more memory than the Tribute. The stage II has the same setup as the Stage I, except for the really cool black back panel and also the USB MIDI function, which can be added to the Stage I for a reasonable price. I hope I answered your question.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. So is it the smaller memory in the Tribute that is the hold up with the 2.0 update? And would I be better off not looking at a used Tribute unit? Man I do like the blue lights.

Dean

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:10 am

Amos has said in a post somewhere that the Tribute will have a memory upgrade available ASAP. When is not known, even by Amos. But one will be made available. Also, upgraded side panels are also planned. They would be made of wood and have the USB port on them. Again, no release date has been announced. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.