When ? --> LP OS 1.04 & 2.00 for Tribute Edition

Everything Phatty.
Assar

Post by Assar » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:50 am

I think we all agree on that the fact that there is a living and direct dialogue with Moog, through Amos, is very positive. Don't think anyone ever would disagree on that one ...
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Roetsj

Post by Roetsj » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 am

I agree,service of a high degree,almost always the case with smaller companies,like MOOG,DSI,and to my surprise even Roland(if I can mention those companies here),they send me Eproms with the latest OS of a 22 year old synth(JX10)...
Keeping it analog

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:42 am

Sorry I can't agree about Roland, despite your positive experience:
The Roland central in Japan is totally uncommunicative. They offer neither forum nor online email support, and they keep complete silence about the possible date of fixing something like a *major* missing function (which is part of the manual while not occuring in the Fantom G since 5 months+ now).
I should add that in the the local support centers they have nice supportive people, but those can't do or tell much without permission or information from the very uncommunicative central in Japan.

It is exactly such sharp differerences that come to my mind when visiting a place like this (similar helpful Access, DSI and others, but not many, and even among them really few in as much a direct form as Amos and the whole Moog team practise it).

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:15 pm

amos :
I just got the first build of OS2 for LPTE from our programmer. He cautions me it will almost certainly have problems at this stage, and I don't know how long it will be from now until release, but this is a major step.
any info on that version ?

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Just a word to concur with Assar... I appreciate the open dialog and reactivity of Moog Music through Amos

I'd also like to add for the record that I'm very happy with my LP, which makes me a happy consumer, with a serious issue to solve all right, but hey let me state it here once more : the LP is a fantastic instrument, a true synth classic, and I'm glad I bought that phatt sucker
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:53 pm

jimknopf wrote:
It is exactly such sharp differerences that come to my mind when visiting a place like this (similar helpful Access, DSI and others, but not many, and even among them really few in as much a direct form as Amos and the whole Moog team practise it).

THis is why Moog has been the leader int he industry for so long now, because they know how important we are to them and how important their instruments are to what we do.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:02 pm

from Amos :
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:38 pm Post subject:
Hi gang,

Here's the latest news, so read carefully.

Operating System v2.00 for the LP Tribute Edition is almost ready. This OS update brings the arpeggiator, tap tempo, and midi sync LFO features to the LP Tribute Edition. This OS update requires a physical memory upgrade to your LP Tribute Edition, as the new 2.0 code is too big to fit on the TE's original memory chip.

We are offering a special factory upgrade deal; if you can send your LPTE to the Moog factory, we will not only upgrade the memory and install OS 2.00, we will also replace the CV sample-and-hold chips in your LP which are the source of the "high frequency intermodulation" noise that some folks have reported in the LP TE noise thread. This results in a cleaner and clearer sound and better signal-to-noise ratio. We'll do all these upgrades, as well as fully test, calibrate and tune your LP Tribute Edition, for the genuinely-low price of $75 USD.

If you are outside the USA, we can make the chips available at an extremely low price, and work with you to find a qualified technician in your region who can do the upgrades.

Also in the works:
For people who have a Tribute Edition and aren't getting the memory upgraded, for whatever reason, we are also going to release a new OS v1.04 for Tribute Edition only; This OS is basically the same as the current OS 1.03Tc, with the addition of a new "Auto" mode for the EGR Matrix. This new mode addresses the problem with scanning noise in the LPTE filter, caused by scanning the panel buttons in the Envelope section. This noise typically manifests itself as a fixed high-pitch noise that is most audible when playing low bass sounds. The current LPTE operating system has an "EGR MATRIX: ON/OFF" parameter which, when OFF, eliminates this noise, but it also prevents you from using the panel buttons in the Envelope section. Not a good compromise. The new "Auto" mode will allow you to use these panel buttons while still eliminating the scanning noise. This new EGR Matrix "Auto" mode is also included in the v2.00 OS for the Tribute Edition (described above).

Stage Edition circuit boards with blue LEDs - Voltor07 mentioned this; the idea is that one could swap out the Tribute Edition circuit boards for a new set of Stage II boards, with the Tribute Edition lighting colour scheme. Unfortunately, I don't have any new information about this... I was waiting for a price quote from one of our PCB vendors, and I have not heard back about it. I'll shake that tree again today and see if anything falls out.

OK, I think that's everything.... cheers, all!

-Amos

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:32 am

Excellent news and a good compromise...
Many thanks to the team
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

dlearyus

os v1.04

Post by dlearyus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:39 am

ah ha! i notice the previous versions of OS for LPTE have been removed from the product page.....we will see v1.04 soon?

Cheers ;)

DL

LPTE #585