When ? --> LP OS 1.04 & 2.00 for Tribute Edition

Everything Phatty.
Assar

Post by Assar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:34 pm

C'mon! Do I have to throw in a smiley to make clear I'm joking? Of course I'm skating on thin ice, that's the point with it.

BTW, never trust Wikipedia when seeking the truth. It may have been written by a nor... :wink:

Ok, let's not go off topic anymore, even if it's also done in every other tread or so ...
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

dlearyus

POP!

Post by dlearyus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 am

I have the champagne ready Amos ;) OK OK its ginger ale ;)

Wimpy sez - " I would gladly give up some patch memory today for the new functions without a memory upgrade on Teusday" ;)

kind of late for a suggestion i know ....dunno if even possible....just a random brain fart ;)

Assar

Post by Assar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:55 am

Amos (May 26) wrote:Probably in about two months. We have to finish and ship the Multipedal first.
Any news, Amos?

MichaelPeterTrowbridge

Post by MichaelPeterTrowbridge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:09 pm

I'm going to join this Wave of impatience :shock:

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:39 am

Assar wrote:
Amos (May 26) wrote:Probably in about two months. We have to finish and ship the Multipedal first.
Any news, Amos?
Still working on the Multipedal. At this point I think we expect it to ship in about three weeks. This means we're only running about a week behind the schedule I suggested back in May.

Hang in there,

Amos

Assar

Post by Assar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Good news!
We're hanging ...
:wink:

kumasynthtones

TE Love and Respect

Post by kumasynthtones » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:52 pm

Well, Im sorry to see that are few people who are upset because Moog is innovative and improving on their products, and I don't mean it in an insulting way. Sure, the newer LP's may have more capabilities, but I am quite happy with my TE. When I purchased it, I bought it for its uniqueness, and I didn't expect any more or less. Most importantly, at the time, I also did take into consideration that Moog may release a newer LP. Mine has character, and it already does more than enough to satisfy me. In my opinion, I really don't need a USB port, that kind of defeats the purpose of the synth. They may sell over 20,000 + LP stages and LP Stage II's, but I will never let my TE go. Im #124 out of 1200 in the world, you know what Im sayin? It happens, its part of the business, and I am not upset because of this. I will definitely buy another TE LP II if its limited like the first run. i am prediciting some day, maybe 20 years from now, there are going to be collectors who will be willing to pay big bucks for mine. But, I still wont let it go.

Nick Montoya

Re: TE Love and Respect

Post by Nick Montoya » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:19 am

kumasynthtones wrote: They may sell over 20,000 + LP stages and LP Stage II's, but I will never let my TE go. Im #124 out of 1200 in the world, you know what Im sayin?
YUP... I got TE# 14, so i know what ya saying...

I have had NO upgrades...No new os ,No original noise problem fix, nothing... MY TE is very stock, with all the bugs and all !!

AND I LOVE IT !!!!

I basically use only 1 patch for it, which is programmed to sound (about) exactly like my first Moog, The Prodigy!! My LP is just for that!!! Way phatter than the Prodigy's sound, cuz' the Overdrive (I mean Phat button ) helps alot !!!

We always have our Model D, Voyager and MG1 with us onstage too... So we don't need to use the phatty for anything but that... Spoiled, i know ;)

I don't think I'll ever have me TE upgraded in ANY way... OS or otherwise...

It is one of the first 15 which had a nasty analog exhaust... Keyboard mag sent there LP back cuz it was so dirty and didn't want to review it until the problem was fixed (which it was VERY quickly).. In fact, my 2 LPs (only have one now) # 13 and #14 are the ONLY ones not modded with the noise fix!!!

Muhahahaha.. You might think I'm nuts for being proud of it.. But I am... I have the only stock, stock, stock LP !!

NOTE: Sad story bout # 13 !!! My dear friend Gary inherited a LOT of money and ended up giving us a chunk as a gift to record our last album MOOGSAIC !! So, as a token of my appreciation for a free chunk of cash (5K USD) I GAVE him the LP TE # 13 !!! He died less than a year later, with no will.. All his belongings were liquidated and went thorugh probate..
So someone ended up finding that LP at a crappy music store (that i personally hate, Two Street Music in Eureka, Ca) and bought it for full price or more !

However all warranty info and so on is in my name with Moog Music, so I wonder what will happen if they ever need to send it back? #13 are you out there???????
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

djghostdogg

Post by djghostdogg » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:09 pm

NICK. you should put up a link to your "prodigy" patch for the LittlePhatty
LP TE - MF-101 - MF-102 - MF-104z - MF-103 - CP-251

MichaelPeterTrowbridge

Re: reply

Post by MichaelPeterTrowbridge » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:16 pm

djghostdogg wrote:NICK. you should put up a link to your "prodigy" patch for the LittlePhatty
YES indeed

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 pm

so... "2 month later", is there something new for the Tribute ?

dlearyus

"watching the clock"

Post by dlearyus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:26 am

i would far rather wait for a 100% functional OS than have them "rush it out the door" as soooo many other developers do. Do you want an OS you can load and trust or do you want to become a beta tester discovering bugs and waiting for updates etc lol. I am thankful MOOG is a developer who debugs first rather than pander to the "I want it now at any cost" mentality. Take your time guys ;) Getting it right is far better than getting it fast.

Assar

Re: "watching the clock"

Post by Assar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:40 am

dlearyus wrote:i would far rather wait for a 100% functional OS than have them "rush it out the door" .../
Well, it's been 1½ year since I bought my MLPTE.
I agree on that "rather wait and get it stable".
But c'mon ... 1½ years to get a bug fix?!?

dlearyus

bug fix?

Post by dlearyus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:49 am

what bug? the noise issue? not all have it...mine doesnt...i was refering to the new functionalities in v2.0. I'm starting to think perhaps the noise bug is a hardware thing brought on by small variations in one or more components in a certain combination...perhaps its not fixable via software or I am sure it would have been done already. Just my uninformed opinion of course tho ;) There is a hardware mod that supposedly gets rid of the noise. v2.0 requires a memory upgrade anyway would be a good time to get that done too :)

ps. you are facing the same dilema as I am...how/where to get this hardware update done. I'm thinking just send MOOG the board itself not the whole unit tho I've never had it apart to see if thats feasable.

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 am

But c'mon ... 1½ years to get a bug fix?!?
yes, and there is already an usb hardware upgrade for the Stage...