Help! My Little Phatty has crashed

Everything Phatty.
Jack Headphones

Help! My Little Phatty has crashed

Post by Jack Headphones » Fri May 02, 2008 10:39 am

Hi

Long time lurker seeks assistance!

My LP TE (running OS 1.03b) has crashed. I was saving a patch and when I pressed the enter button to confirm the overwrite the LCD went *almost* blank (backlight still on with just a "_" symbol on the display).

Now when I power up the LP, instead of running through the usual light-show all of the lights come on immediately and stay on and when I press the keys there is no sound.

In the light of recent news about soundcontrol (! talk about bad timing !) I was wondering if there was anything I could do to reset the unit / load the os again?

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

llamastorm

Post by llamastorm » Fri May 02, 2008 3:33 pm

This forum doesn't have the highest response rate.

You might want to call Moog. Occasionally they do not respond to my email via the support form. (I'm sure they are good folks, just probably busy or not used to email).

batdown

Post by batdown » Fri May 02, 2008 8:17 pm

the exact same thing happened to me, but about 20 minutes out of the box. it sounds like your motherboard is messed up - i sent it back to moog and they replaced it free of charge (I did have to pay about 100 insured shipping though)

Jack Headphones

Post by Jack Headphones » Sat May 03, 2008 7:00 am

Thanks for the responses - i have tried emailing moog a couple of times via the email address on the website but have had no response. I am based in the UK so shipping would cost an arm and a leg.

Amos - come on guy! Could you help out at all?

misterhemi

Post by misterhemi » Sat May 03, 2008 10:50 am

Jack Headphones wrote:Thanks for the responses - i have tried emailing moog a couple of times via the email address on the website but have had no response. I am based in the UK so shipping would cost an arm and a leg.

Amos - come on guy! Could you help out at all?
If he doesn't read this thread you could try sending him a PM.

He is a nice guy and always tries to help.
Ensoniq SQ80, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, DSI Evolver Desktop, Alesis Ion, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS-6x, Yamaha DX-200, Akai Z4, Roland R8 & R8M, Mellotron 4-Track (sold), DSI Mopho x4, Waldorf Blofeld, Waldorf Streichfett, DSI Tempest, Moog FreqBox

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat May 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi, sorry I didn't see this. I have bee very busy trying to finish testing the new little phatty firmware and so I haven't been active on the forum lately.

best would be to email me directly; amos at moogmusic d0t c0m.

We can certainly figure out a way to help. In fact, I have a plan already. :)

As a back-up plan, we do have an authorised repairer in London, and they're great. So, we'll get your synth back up and running, have no doubt.

Cheers,

Amos

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat May 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Have no fear, Amos is the man!

My first LP had a fault but everything got sorted out in the end (i'm in UK too). Moog really stand by their products, which is pretty rare these days :)

Jack Headphones

Post by Jack Headphones » Sun May 04, 2008 5:24 am

Thanks for the encouraging responses everyone. I have emailed Amos and will let you all know how I get on.