OS 2.0 release date?

Everything Phatty.
Amos

Post by Amos » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:09 pm

llamastorm wrote:Ok, it worked that time. There's some good stuff in there, thanks!
You're welcome! I'm happy to share, and glad you like the sounds. :)
Does the name "bitcrusher" also imply there is also going to be a new bitcrusher?
nope, no digital FX in the Phatty. I just thought that patch was so gnarly and crunchy that it sounded like it had been bit-crushed...
I assume the firmware loader is checksummed so I can't brick my box during an update unless the power goes out or something, right?
We have worked very, very hard to make sure that the new firmware is extremely crash-proof and can always recover from errors no matter what happens. However these improvements don't take effect until the firmware is already loaded, so while future v2.x updates should be bomb-proof, there is a slight risk that v1.03 is not as robust in case of something nasty like a power outage during the update. So, we will need to test the v1.x to v2 update process very carefully to make sure that the potential for errors is as low as possible. This is the main reason why we are not releasing the v2 update to existing LP owners right away; we want to do as much of this testing as possible first. You'll thank us! :D

Meanwhile, enjoy the new patches...

-Amos

dlearyus

Stage II sound bank

Post by dlearyus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:36 am

my eyes must be getting worse could some kind soul point me to where these are posted I woud love to try them on my TE.

Thank You All,

DLearyUS

dave500

its called I can't wait

Post by dave500 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:02 am

The file is called( I can't wait) download it. :D
I can't wait!
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

dlearyus

stage II sysex

Post by dlearyus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:44 pm

thank you very much dave500 cheers m8

;)

HB3

Post by HB3 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:45 pm

I would like to pick and choose presets from the various banks available; do I need the editor librarian to do that? I can transmit single presents or entire banks from my sequencer, but I don't know if I can open up a bank and select various presets within it. Also, do I need the librarian software to save presets?

llamastorm

Post by llamastorm » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Yeah, didn't expect a bitcrusher, figured I would ask :)

The Taurus bass patches are slick. I've been playing those for a pretty good while.

Thanks very much on testing the updates to death. I'd rather have "working perfectly later" than released too early any day. I just had a lot of fun with broken firmware updates on a Virus (finally fixed now) so it's good to know you're spending the time with that stuff. I used to maintain some firmware update software (ugh) so I know the pain.

dave500

To save Patches

Post by dave500 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:14 pm

HB3 wrote:I would like to pick and choose presets from the various banks available; do I need the editor librarian to do that? I can transmit single presents or entire banks from my sequencer, but I don't know if I can open up a bank and select various presets within it. Also, do I need the librarian software to save presets?
to save patches from the Little Phatty:

hook up a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT on the Little Phatty to the MIDI IN on your computer (or whatever kind of MIDI interface you have hooked up to the computer).
If you haven't set up MidiOX already, go to the Options menu and click "Midi Devices."
in the MIDI devices window, click and highlight the correct input and output device.

This tells MidiOx what to use for sending and receiving. (Then click OK)

OK, now that MidiOx is set up, click on the View menu and choose SysEx.
A window will pop up called "SysEx view and scratchpad."
click on the Sysex menu in this window, and choose "Receive Manual Dump."
Now MidiOx is waiting for you to send something from the Little Phatty.

On the LP, press the Master button and then use the Value knob to scroll to the SysEx Menu.
you can use the Cursor button and Value knob to select different options on the SysEx menu.
Send Cur Preset sends only the currently-active patch, Send All Presets sends all 100 presets as one single bank file.
for the first time, I recommend sending the whole bank just so you have a backup copy of it on your computer.
when you have Send all presets selected, hit Enter, and you should start to see some data coming in on the computer screen. The Little Phatty will display the message "Sending All Presets."
When this message dissapears and the SysEx Menu is displayed again, the LIttle Phatty is done sending data. Click the "Done" button in MidiOx.
Now all the data is shown in the Display window, and it needs to be saved.
To save the data, click on the "Display window" menu in the Sysex view, and choose Save As.
Name the file and choose where you want to save it, just like you would in any Windows program. Ta-daa! done. This same process works if you are sending only a single preset (SEND CUR PRESET on the LP SysEx Menu). If you are sending only a single preset, it's a good idea to save the sysex file using the same name as the preset, so you can identify it easily.

To send patches to the Little Phatty from your computer:

You must (of course) connect a cable from the MIDI OUT on your computer to the MIDI IN jack on your Little Phatty.

Be aware that if you are sending a single preset, it will automatically replace whatever preset is currently active on your Little Phatty. So, before you send a preset as a sysEx file from your computer to the Little Phatty, go to Preset mode on the Little Phatty and use the Value knob to select the preset which you wish to replace.

In MidiOx, go back to the Sysex view window (View menu + choose Sysex, if you just opened the program)
Click on File and choose Send Sysex File.
select the sysex file you want to send, and hit OK.

The Little Phatty LCD display will show "Receiving Preset" very briefly, and then you should see the new preset displayed on the Little Phatty LCD. If you are sending a bank of all patches, the transfer will take slightly longer and all 100 presets in the Little Phatty will be replaced by the presets from the SysEx file.[/quote] Thanks Amos
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:34 am

Thanks...I'll DL that program.

uj

"i cant wait"

Post by uj » Fri May 02, 2008 11:59 am

I tried to download this file, but I am just getting a bunch of crazy text. I am using a mac

dave500

Re: "i cant wait"

Post by dave500 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:14 pm

uj wrote:I tried to download this file, but I am just getting a bunch of crazy text. I am using a mac
Can you save the link instead of opening it? I use (Win. XP) so I right click on the link then go to save link as.

hope this helps

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Fri May 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey! Right-button with mouse on the link, and choose the 'download linked file as...', and download it!

Have a nice moog! :)
Ha Moog, legyen kövér... :)

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

http://www.mocun.hu

0M3N

Post by 0M3N » Fri May 02, 2008 4:00 pm

just thought id add that i talked to moog yesterday (may1st) and they said the LP2 would ship in a weeks time. YAY=)

prospect

Post by prospect » Mon May 05, 2008 12:08 am

The Breaking Toys preset (#07) is totally inspired by circuit bending isnt it!?

It's awesome.

That Taurus preset is also SIIIICCCKKK.

perfect for grimey dnb

:twisted:

0M3N

Post by 0M3N » Tue May 06, 2008 2:55 pm

when i talked to the lady at moog she said
"we should be shipping in one week"
So that was on the 1st , im guessing by the end of this week.
Im hoping by the end of this week...

ps - some of you might find this interesting -
Sonic State says Mini Moog is greatest synth of all time.
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=4801
Little Phatty stage2 | Virus TI Desktop | Mpc1000 | Motif ES6 | Novation Xstation | Korg DW8000 | Motu 828mkII

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed May 07, 2008 2:22 pm

im kinda unfamilliar with the whole midi dump and hooking up to computers thing. ive been going back and forth about trading my Micro in for a used LP stage 1 (ive seen them as low as $800!) and then doing the software upgrade so i could get the arpeggiator. so here are my questions:

How do i get the new LP software?

How do i hook up the LP to mu computer? I dont have midi jacks on my computer, is there a usb/midi converter out there or do i need some crazy expensive interface?
Thanks