My New Favorite Feature in the LP...

Everything Phatty.
electrical_engineer_gEEk

My New Favorite Feature in the LP...

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:33 pm

After all this talk of upgrading the little 8-SOIC Atmel Serial EEPROM in the LPTE i finally grew the balls to crack open my Tribute Edition (I tend to have trouble when I take things apart to not be able to put them back together correctly...or lose a screw).
Whoa, awesome job Moog! beautiful design...very inspirational....
I even went far enough to check out the front panel with the nice surface mount leds.....awesome! I was also very impressed that the entire design was surface mount because I have this irrational fear that surface mount capacitors sound far inferior to the big through-hole poly caps.
I documented the whole thing with my digital camera so I wouldn't have to do it again unless it was to upgrade anything. But a strange feature that really made me happy is what I will call the "Anti-Mouse Wall" which would have been really handy to have in an Opus-3 i bought off ebay a few years ago.
It is simply a little (fire?) wall between the keyboard assembly and the rear area containing the main PCB.
I dunno if it was originally designed by Moog to protect the PCB from that nasty Mouse pee & poo that tend to happen when silly adults store their moogs in attics and basements for extended periods of time....but yeah, I think the new design works well to protect our instruments for the next generation of boys and girls who discover the abandoned Moog Little Phatty!

cheers!

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:05 am

It wold be so nice if you share the video with us!

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:56 am

pics please!!
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

space_nerd

Post by space_nerd » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi there,
I always was curious to see the inside of a LP.
Share with us please!
thanx

Lania

Post by Lania » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Yeah! I wanna see it too!
I'm pretty much interested about the "fire wall". As I already mentioned somewhere in this forum, my LP was damaged. A key weight fell. I found it in the casing. I was afraid it might have damaged some parts inside the device...
Lania

Moog Slim Phatty
Yamaha DX7 - Yamaha TX7 - Yamaha AN1x
Roland SH-01 Gaia
Roland XV-5050 - Roland SC-880 - Roland M-GS 64
Korg MS 10 - Kawai CN25
iMac 21,5 - Logic Pro X

dave500

pictures

Post by dave500 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Yes pictures or video would be great. :D
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron