Songs w/ Little Phatty

Everything Phatty.
vasago

Re: Songs w/ Little Phatty

Post by vasago » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:16 pm

http://soundcloud.com/phesago/the-clock ... -sometimes

This track isnt very good, but I did it using only 4 slim phattys. It's ridiculous what you can accomplish with more than one of them :D
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:58 pm

stiiiiiiive, thanks for the kind words. I still view that track as a "work in progress". I still may work more on that mix, but instead of getting caught up in the minutia, I am tracking other ideas.

Were you suggesting ping pong type panning, or were you talking a wider stereo image on the synth? Thanks again!
-e

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 am

e3p0 wrote:stiiiiiiive, thanks for the kind words. I still view that track as a "work in progress". I still may work more on that mix, but instead of getting caught up in the minutia, I am tracking other ideas.
I wish I were able to do that...
e3p0 wrote:Were you suggesting ping pong type panning, or were you talking a wider stereo image on the synth? Thanks again!
-e
Wider stereo that is. An example is Justice (the band...) and their huge synths.

Lotche

Post by Lotche » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:22 am

Hi!
Just a little track made with slim phatty only! : http://soundcloud.com/lotche-1/prelude
No mastering, just add some reverb.

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 am

@Lotche Short but sweet! Nice job.
-e

Lotche

Post by Lotche » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Long version coming soon!

arctreecomplex

Post by arctreecomplex » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:02 am

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 pm

I have posted some songs on Soundcloud! :D All of these contain mostly Little Phatty/Slim Phatty, and one has a snippet of a Minitaur in there
:3

http://soundcloud.com/xombiexplox
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Nice! You said that is straight into the Mac, no interface? Joe Meek said "if it sounds good, it is good". People get carried away with the "best" interface, mic...
...sounds good!
-e

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:27 pm

e3p0 wrote:Nice! You said that is straight into the Mac, no interface? Joe Meek said "if it sounds good, it is good". People get carried away with the "best" interface, mic...
...sounds good!
-e
Yeah, just straight into the Mac via a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo cable! I found a recording of someone reading a section of the book 'House of Leaves' and used it as a really obscure spoken-word part DROWNED in delay. I'm just trying to learn all about these new toys and this is a little update I suppose.

Thank you!
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 am

xombiexplox wrote:I have posted some songs on Soundcloud! :D All of these contain mostly Little Phatty/Slim Phatty, and one has a snippet of a Minitaur in there

http://soundcloud.com/xombiexplox
These are all really terrific. Completely unexpected, and that's always a good thing. I'm looking forward to hearing more!
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:37 am

@xombieplox Wow, that music left me shaking, it was so awesome! The last time that happened was the first time I listened to Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene! :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Assar

Post by Assar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 am

Here is a thing I just published.
Berlin-Paris (one way)

Not only LP, but all new or vintage analog synths: Korg Polysix, Moog Little Phatty, Doepfer Dark Energy, DSI Tetra, Roland TR-707
Recorded and mixed in Cubase.

A bit old school, I guess ...
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

larrydwertz

Post by larrydwertz » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:07 am

HB3 wrote:I've got a couple songs with lots of LP on 'em.

Check out:

http://www.myspace.com/fromthelaboratory

The songs "Casual Betrayal" and "Overture (Behold the sea)."

Keyboard lines galore, usually stacking an LP and a CS-80V -- on "Casual Betrayal" it's the "Caspian" patch....I really love the solo on that song.

Thanks!
very nice better to share that widely and get more ideas from this site
check out the bulletin page www.twoseveneight.com for all the latest news in the industry or post industry happenings on the forum page!
this site really help me.. and can help you also guys....

flippo

Post by flippo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:56 am

nice drums, xomb.

Thanks for listening, Spirfire. I cleaned it up a tiny bit, but the couple of moments of clipping I can never fix unfortunatley http://soundcloud.com/flippo/drones-and-piano

Liked your sound. Obviously got great composition skills.

Did this one this afternoon. Just a clip from a moog jam that turned into some abstract techno. The LP is the main 'melody' (lol) that sounds like some kind of alien guitar. The arrangement is quite loose, some bars just have an extra beat or two, or five, in them now and then - I think it creates a nice tension, but I am a bit weird. I have a feeling the bass is probably too loud.

http://soundcloud.com/flippo/mixed-messages