Tribute vs Stage

Everything Phatty.
Dannymon

Tribute vs Stage

Post by Dannymon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:40 pm

Ok, I read about the Stage having slightly richer higher end......has anybody compared the two of them side by side????

I am about to able to purchase a little phatty and I really love the wood panels on the tribute but if there are any sonic advantages to the stage edition I would prefer it over the tribute.

It would be of great help to hear your opinion on this matter.

Thanks.

LilFatty

Post by LilFatty » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:28 am

Hi Dannymon,

I had a store demo Tribute for a few weeks here with me and then soon returned it (for unfortunate reasons) for a LP SE. I am really happy with the stage.

It seems quieter on the output, less (or no more) interference that the design of the Tribute had, and also looks a little more retro thanks to the new lighting scheme (if you like that). The TE blue was cool though, but i don't have that now.

The SE's slight brighter sound is noticable when playing certain lead patches, i noticed it straight away - but it's not a major difference. It does help cut through.

Other than that, the SE seems a little improved, but with compromise of wooden panels and blue lights if you desire so. Also the TE is limited and special in that sense.

Decision time :roll:

Dannymon

Post by Dannymon » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:52 am

Well, now that you say that, I think I'm gonna be getting the Stage edition. I would rather get the sonic improvements of the SE than the wood sides of the Tribute.....I'll just have to find somebody to build me custom wooden panels for my Stage edition.

Thanks for your comments!

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:18 pm

dada wrote: I may be wrong.
yup