Replacing the keys on a Little Phatty

Everything Phatty.
pianoman0018

Re: Replacing the keys on a Little Phatty

Post by pianoman0018 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Hello there
i realise this is an old threat but i have a moog little phatty stage 1 for quite some time now; i really love the sound of it but recently the keybed is very noisy(the spring makes a lot of noise while i play) and it feels very loose.
Is there any way to change the key springs? i took off the sides and looked inside but i dont understand how the keys come off to change the springs. Is this a good idea or should i buy a new keybed for the little phatty?
Has anyone removed the keybed from the phatty, or even the keys one by one? Can anyone help? Ive send an email to moog customer support but they are yet to respond. I guess no one wants to deal with this :)
Pianoman
Nord Stage 2 , Fender Rhodes mark 2 , Wurlitzer 200a, Clavinet D6, Moog Little Phatty , Hammond XK3c

still_c

Re:

Post by still_c » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:07 am

carbon111 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:42 pm You're not the only one. The keys on my LP have always been crooked as well - its most noticeable directly from the front. None of my other synths have ever had this problem. This seems particular to this keybed they chose for the LP.

I don't even bother mentioning it any more as I always get shouted down as a "Moog basher" or a "hater" - nothing could be farther from the truth. I love my LP with a passion and have recommended it to others as well as creating a dedicated website for it at http://www.carbon111.com/moog_lp.html

I just wish the keys were straight instead of "snaggletoothed" :(
That's my thing! I had the same problem with keys. I tried to fix it on my own and I completely failed it. I had nothing else to do but bring it to our local master, at that moment I thought that I destroyed it.