Analogue Mode question

Everything Phatty.
writeroxie

Analogue Mode question

Post by writeroxie » Wed May 16, 2007 9:10 am

i was fiddling with our LP stage last night. this is the first lengthy face time i've had with the LP so i'm still trying to figure it all out.

in the master section there is section called "Analogue Mode". It can be set to snap, track, or pass-thru.

when i had it set to 'track' and selected a preset sound. the OSC-section knob LED would gradually transition from the (knobs) preset position to where the knob was physically pointing. I understand (from what i read in the manual) that this is suppose to happen, but what is the point of this? When I had the setting in "Snap", It would immediately snap to the knobs physical position. The only one that didnt override my preset knob position was "pass-thru".

is this all normal? If someone wanted to use saved sounds (presets), they'd HAVE to go with the "Pass-thru" setting, correct? Track & Snap seem to change the preset, and I dont really want that to happen. Am I using this correctly?

robles

Post by robles » Thu May 17, 2007 12:23 pm

On my TE the track mode doesn't drift the lights to the knob. Say your light is higher than your knob pointer, if you move your knob higher, the light immediately moves higher ahead of the knob until it reaches the top. The only problem with this mode is say you wanted the parameter to go down. You move your knob down and the light follows, but once your knob reaches bottom, the light won't go any further down, even if it's stuck halfway up the dial. The only way you're going to get it all the way down is to go all the way up then all the way down again. I don't know if they have changed this in the newer OS for the TE or not, I haven't updated yet.

But me personally, I always keep it on pass thru, so that I can have complete control as soon as I move the knob past the light. It sounds like your LP is correct for those modes, and don't feel bad if you really have no use for snap or track.

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Thu May 17, 2007 2:55 pm

oh man, you gotta update that beast....soo many new features! don't hesitate!

robles

Post by robles » Thu May 17, 2007 5:58 pm

I know, I know. I'm just hoping the next update will move the EGR On/Off to the preset menu. Basically, I'm hoping not to change my OS every time they update. And I'm having a great time as is. If I want digital noise, I have plenty of digital synths to plug into the audio in jack. Although, switching poles on the filter per preset is very tempting. I'll get around to it.

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri May 18, 2007 10:20 am

But the new digital noise isn't a sound source to be mixed with the audio path (as you are using it with the audio-in) on the new OS, it's actually a modulation option (along with S&H) which can be used to modulate filter, osc, wave etc.
Yay!

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri May 18, 2007 10:22 am

but you are pretty much right anyways.....once you modulate something with noise it essential sounds like there is noise in the audio path

robles

Post by robles » Fri May 18, 2007 12:18 pm

Actually, I could plug the noise source into the CV inputs, just keeping the volume really low.