Went for the Tribute

Everything Phatty.
PHC

Went for the Tribute

Post by PHC » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:22 am

Today I decided to get a Tribute Edition, although I've waited impatiently for the Stage Edition. The reason was that my local dealer (Poland) said that there is a big chance that a shipment of the LPs to Poland occur in summer (Poland really is not a f**cking 3rd world country you know, but sometimes I doubt it myself).

So I decided that if I'll have to get it from the US myself to get it earlier and do all duty/tax payments myself then I'll get the Tribute. Now I'm pissed because I could have done it a lot earlier.

I've found a dealer that had 3 Tributes left so I decided that it would be nicer to have a limited edition (wood and blue LEDs, oh yeah! ;-) )

I hope that I'll have no problems with it and I'll just update the OS once the s/h + noise OS is available. I also ordered the CP-251

If everything goes smoothly I should have my Tribute shipped to Poland next week and I'll become a proud LP TE owner :-) Hurray :-)

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:15 am

excellent news man

youve done the right thing. the tributes look amazing with the wood and blue.they sound amazing as well and the os update will make it exactly the same as the stage.

let us know when it arrives

:)
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:49 am

I concur... the Tribute is bar none, the most sexy synth around. Lush, rich tone to die for too!
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

edobedo

Post by edobedo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:28 am

Also here in Italy (3rd world) the LP was difficult to find...
But now I have it, I can say that you will be thery satisfied. :lol:

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:34 pm

good call....i wish moog would have been frank with the cost difference up front......$100 after you have already paid 1300 is like nothing.....i say this even though i am poor......

i poo $100 bills.....

i was really hoping that the stage was going to be under a grand....now THAT would be something to shout aboot!

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:01 pm

Should I try and get a Tribute? Is the durability really going to be an issue between wood and rubber sides?
I like the look of both of them as the stage looks more techy and sleak...while the tribute embodies the moog look and has prettier lights.

Should I fork out for the extra or just get the Stage?

magnet

wood endz

Post by magnet » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:46 pm

I cannot doubt that the 'stage' edition sounds every bit as sweet as the 'tribute' model. There MAY be more then just wood or rubber in the models. But it is a (not) surprising to me how the synth throws different 'things' at you. With no "wall of sound", It sounds insane; with a good Keyboard amp, Strap yourself into your chair. You cannot go wrong with MOOG.
Bless.
-me.-
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:40 pm

Xenollop wrote:Should I try and get a Tribute? Is the durability really going to be an issue between wood and rubber sides?
I like the look of both of them as the stage looks more techy and sleak...while the tribute embodies the moog look and has prettier lights.

Should I fork out for the extra or just get the Stage?
I can't help but think that the "rubberized" sides of the Stage will be less prone to scratches and nicks. When I look at old Minimoogs, the majority of the cosmetic problems are gouges and scrapes in the wood. If you are really going to gig heavily and not be too careful with your LP, I would stick with the Stage.

Having said that, I have a Tribute and it is the sexiest synth in my studio room. When people come in to "meet" my synths, they ohh and ahh at all the knobs on the Andromeda, and they pay tribute to the venerable Mini model D, but it is the Tribute LP that they go up and fondle, because it is just so damned good looking. I think that the Studio will have the same effect however. For a while I contemplated buying a Stage as well, just because I liked the look.
Thanks Bob!!

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:31 pm

The stage and the triute are going to have the same features though right? I've read nas heard that all the changes they're making are available via update for the Tribute...so they're the same synth...I thought the sample and hold feature and noise was something external like buttons etc...how do you control it?
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass

PHC

Post by PHC » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Via the menus I belive as there are no extra knobs/buttons on the stage. On the NAMM clip you can see some digging in the menus to get s/h from what I believe.

Does anyone have experience with ordering from bigcitymusic.com?
They seem ok, cause hey have a 1000 feedback points on ebay.com.

edobedo

Post by edobedo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:45 am

But... Poland is in European Community? Do you use €?
If yes, you can try to contact the french dealer
http://www.playback-europe.com/
or the german dealer
http://www.thomann.de/
and call if they ship to Poland.
My LP comes from here:
http://www.scolopendra.it/ricerca_libera2?ricerca=moog

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:40 pm

PHC wrote: Does anyone have experience with ordering from bigcitymusic.com?
Yes. Great store. No problems with my experience.

PHC

Post by PHC » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:22 am

Great :-)

My LP and CP-251 is shipping today. 7-15 days till I get it. I wonder if I'll have to go to the customs office myself to pay the tax and to pick it up.

I'm all excited :-) I guest we've all been there ;-)

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:01 pm

PHC wrote:I wonder if I'll have to go to the customs office myself to pay the tax and to pick it up.
Don't know if he will do this since it is a business, but you can have him declare it as a gift or a commercial sample. No customs taxes.

You didn't hear that from me , though. :wink:

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Just Ordered my self a Tribute this morning...I'm anxious for its arival.
I got it from guitar center...it said it was the tribute and everything so I believe it.

It's going to be the same as the Stage once the update comes out correct?
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass