Left in the dark by... Moog? ... Slim Phatty went blank, no help?

Everything Phatty.
wajn.ulrix

Left in the dark by... Moog? ... Slim Phatty went blank, no help?

Post by wajn.ulrix » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:35 am

Can't actually believe no one can help me out?
So I'm just posting it here, hoping someone can help me here.

So my slim phatty went blank after I tried to update.
The updates did not work, I kept getting weird knob changes and bugs.
After changing the speed (ms) and bytes of the phattyloader I got my software on there.. Or so I thought.
The Slim Phatty went blank and that was it.
After sending [email protected] they replied they don't have any experience with the slim phatty.
And that was it? So strange but ok, tnx moog.. I'll fix it myself?
So I'm not giving up on it.

I saw the similar problem with the little phatty here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMCijPZiLU&t=12s

Now somewhere on a forum (maybe here) I've read someone couldn't find the attachment for the debugger, its not the same as the little phatty.
This person had had help from moog and fixed the problem. Sadly this is 10 years ago or so and he does not reply or has not left any clue of what he did.

My question:
Is there anyone who erased his chip (firmware) and started all over with a debugger? How do I do this? What do I need to buy and is there anyone who can shed some light on this very weird problem. I know my Moog is perfectly fine (hardware wise) and I'm not willing to pay 650 for a new slim phatty because the software failed me.

All help is welcome and if anyone at Moog reads this, please respond usefully and try to help a customer out cause I still find this very odd that you can't help me with one of your products.
No hard feelings but... its weird.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg