Phatty Keyboard problem

Everything Phatty.
DanesGer

Phatty Keyboard problem

Post by DanesGer » Sat May 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Hi everyone!
I’m posting this topic to see if there is a solution for the Phatty series keyboard.
Moog synths with keyboard I’ve owned are the sub 37, sub Phatty and now the little Phatty which is the one I definitely prefer of them all.
Thing is, once you press a key, you can see that the upper part of the keyboard, right under the front panel, has a ‘dent’, like a part missing or smth as you can see on the pic I have attached and it really really annoys me...and I’ve seen it’s common on all 37 keys Phatties. Not so on the sub Phatty if I remember correctly.
To me it looks like a mistake on the design, at least I find it really unattractive.
Is there a way to fix that? Like is it possible to unscrew the keyboard and push it say 0’3mm inwards in an orderly DIY manner? Did anyone feel the same way as I do or had experience with this?
Thank you beforehand!!
Attachments
Phatty keyboard
Phatty keyboard

stiiiiiiive

Re: Phatty Keyboard problem

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon May 30, 2022 10:36 am

Hi!

I cannot see that hole on my LP just as on your picture. I can see it if I look really close to the keys. I used a SubPhatty on a weekly basis few years ago and I cannot remember it was different.
I know MoogMusic used different keybeds for some of their models; maybe yours is one of the earlier... or later, don't know.

Hope this helps.