LP or voyager

Everything Phatty.
godzilla

LP or voyager

Post by godzilla » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:19 am

i have an LP on order but i have enough to get an RME....

having a bit of a dilema.....

should i scrap the LP and get the RME?

a few weeks ago this would have never occured to me but now i'm really not so sure

one of the things that's driving me towards the LP is the fact that it's a tribute to one of the most important people of the 20th century.

and it looks awesome..overload might be cool etc

don't know

any thoughts?

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:48 am

Id say go witht the LP. yes its based on the voyager but it sounds more like the old moogs to me mixed with the voyager osc sound. the overload control is amazing and the interface is actually quicker for me than one dial per function as on the lp you can see where your sound is at via the the rac led lights. the filters open wider in the tops and bottom on the lp than the voyager and the interface is so much better for quick live performance tweaks imo

Ive got a voyager ae and its very very deep. so much in one synth. Dont get me wrong, its the king of mono's and ive used it to death over the last 2 years but since ive had the lp i havent switched the voyager on. The lp is very inspiring and sounds dirtier than the voyager even with the overload off.

the rme has no keyboard as well which is a major factor. depends if you actually want a keyboard with it. Obviously if you want a very deep sound designers dream synth get the rme if you want the essence of what a moog is in a great simple package get the lp.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:33 am

yeah i just paid the rest of the money on my LP

should be here within 3 days!

yeah i could afford the extra but there are other things to buy...sigh, ah so many things

can't wait to get my LP!

i think it was the right choice, and it looks so darn cool