About the keyboard velocity and Amplifier envelope

Everything Phatty.
areciosmith

About the keyboard velocity and Amplifier envelope

Post by areciosmith » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:38 am

My Little Phatty arrived yesterday to Barcelona (spain). I was very surprised because i noticed that keyboard velocity can't be assignable to the amp envelope!! I think this is a big mistake...anyone knows if they are going to improve this in the future?

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:58 am

just be happy with your purchase the lp sounds amazing and has the right balance of features/price plus theres lots of room to add features to the os in the future.

None of the classic monosynths had this feature anyway. Its certainly not a "big mistake" as you put it. Moog think through specs very carefully before giving the go ahead.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:51 am

i'd rather have it on the filter
i don't really like velocity on amp just doesn't feel natural unless your playing a real piano or rhodes or whatever

even digital pianos feel too well... digital to have a usable velocity (for me anyway)

all just my opinion of course, but i think that filter is a better destination myself, as it allows for my natural changes in the sound, rather than just a cold attenuation of volume that has no tactile feedback

areciosmith

Post by areciosmith » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:57 am

I know..but i'm only saying that it's strange that you can route the velocity to the filter but not to the amp. It doesn't seem that dificult! notice that with the CV amp in you can control the master volume with an expression pedal.. I play left hand bass in my band, i was using a novation X Station for this and i'd like to use the LP instead. Maybe i'll have to buy a Midi-to-CV and then route the keyb velocity to the amp CV in... Nobody thinks this is a big mistake?

MC

Post by MC » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:58 am

I agree - from my Voyager experience, attack velocity is way more effective on the filter.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:43 am

well a midi-CV for velocity use would be great for fooger use as well, and of course you'd get the CV outs that the LP lacks

i think it would be a good addition either way

areciosmith

Post by areciosmith » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:23 pm

So, any suggestions about midi-to-cv converters?