Little Phatty Stage II Redback - Phatty Loader 'No devices found'

Everything Phatty.
alanmoog

Little Phatty Stage II Redback - Phatty Loader 'No devices found'

Post by alanmoog » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:58 am

Hi All,

Hoping for some help here, appreciate any tips/knowledge/support anyone can offer.

Was attempting to update firmware on my Little Phatty Stage II Redback Australian Edition.

After downloading firmware and Phatty Loader I did the first step of putting the LP into bootloader mode - Turn On + 'MASTER' then 'PRESET' for 'Yes' to 'Update Firmware?'.

It then displayed 'Please Send Firmware' so I connected the LP to my MacBook Pro (OS Catalina 10.15.3) via LP USB port and opened Phatty Loader.

Phatty Loader shows: Device: (no devices found)

I'm stuck here because it seems there is no active connection between my computer and the LP, I have repeated the process several times and tried doing things in a different order also, but all to no avail. I don't know if I am even able to do a factory reset or similar at this point because I don't seem to have any options or ability on the Little Phatty itself to do anything (because there's no firmware on it?).

I borrowed a friend's PC (Windows 10) and tried all the above steps again thinking that it could be an issue with my Mac but I am still having the same issue - Phatty Loader on Windows 10 machine only shows Device 'Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth' which I believe is unrelated/irrelevant. It also pops up with an error message upon opening: can't open file C:\...PhattyLoader_win32/Phatty.hex (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified) - but I don't think that this is relevant at this point either, main issue remains that the LP doesn't seem to be connecting to either the Mac or PC.

FYI: I don't have an audio/midi interface at my disposal but could potentially try to source/borrow one to try that method?

If anyone has experienced this or has any ideas on how to fix I will be eternally grateful. I'm dying to get the firmware updated, load up a new patch pack I just purchased and get practicing & playing again.

Once again, really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this.

Cheers, Alan

Ledbetter

Re: Little Phatty Stage II Redback - Phatty Loader 'No devices found'

Post by Ledbetter » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi,

What versions of firmware were you updating from and to please?
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

alanmoog

Post by alanmoog » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:47 am

Hi Ledbetter,

I was trying to update to 3.2.1 from 3.something - I can't remember what it was 😬

Cheers, Al

alanmoog

Post by alanmoog » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 am

...or could have been firmware version 2.something? - feeling a little foolish for not noting/remembering clearly.

Would the firmware version have an impact on Macs or PCs being able to detect the device via Phatty Loader?

Thanks for taking the time to comment/reply, appreciate it.

Cheers, Al

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:17 am

There ‘s an extra step when going to version 3.XX from version 1.XX or 2.XX. It is the uploading of the boot loader file, which MUST be done before the firmware upload. This is explained on the MOOG download webpages, but you must read everything. It sounds as if you skipped this step? There are several Helpful threads you can find by searching this subforum for the key words in this post.. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.