No Sound And hanging notes

Everything Phatty.
xixivinou

No Sound And hanging notes

Post by xixivinou » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:50 pm

This is my connection :arrow:

Akai Max 49; Wall plugged and usb plugged into computer, MIDI OUT -> MIDI IN Slim phatty,

Slim phatty;wall plugged, and usb plugged, AUDIO mono jack 1/4 OUT -> Same in my audio interface, scarlet focusrite 2i2

Scarlet focusrite, is in direct monitor mode, witg headphone plugged in via jack cable and plugged in my computer via USB

Im currently using ableton, i just re-downloaded focusrite driver and booted firmware of slim phatty on 128/500ms and 256ms ans still doesnt work..(more info in the video)

At 11 AM; This is the video to help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHTIc0 ... e=youtu.be :?:
And Now, lost all sound trying to work it out(Incxlude SPECS In the video); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4p0oKN ... e=youtu.be :?: :!:

help ! i'm pretty much a beginners in terms of hardware synth,midi,and audio interface :?

xixivinou

Re: No Sound And hanging notes

Post by xixivinou » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:05 am

So i Got it working, bought a cable to plug Power in different plug, bbought new 1/4th audio cable and a midi DIN cable, now working, but ...
cant hear anything from midi when writing....

VIDEO; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QsMc_G ... e=youtu.be

xixivinou

Post by xixivinou » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Update; bought new cable and all routed everything from my controller out to phatty in and cable out (1/4th) to Native instrument Komplete audio 6 (new).. i hear the sound and everything when i record and thats pretty awesome but i cant still play midi note on Midi External instrument track, is this normal ?

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Your first post seems to bring eveything on the table... you should isolate investigation points.
I'm not sure to understand what is still not working.

First: is the Phatty receiving MIDI from your DAW?
If so, are the SAW MIDI out channel and thePhatty MIDI in channel matching?
If so, are the sound parameters of to here anything (filter opened, envelopes with quick attack and full sustain level, e.g.)?

xixivinou

Post by xixivinou » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:20 pm

i did clear all that up and yes i receive midi data, mi can trigger on ableton and hear something, and bounce back into audio (record) but i cant record anything in the midi channel, nor trigger the slim via midi clip in arrangement view, i like playing piano but i would like to play into clip view and hear somthing, is it possible ? audio is good like i said i see the green light running and hear the slim phatty, but the problem is the midi channel

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Well I'm totally ignorant when it comes to Ableton Live.

Anyone for our friend?