New Lp user help

Everything Phatty.
Jamminman

New Lp user help

Post by Jamminman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:56 am

I just purchased a Lp what are some of the best tips and tricks you wish you knew when first starting out working with this synth?

stiiiiiiive

Re: New Lp user help

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 am

Hey Jamminman, welcome to the forum!

I wish I had more time to experiment myself :P
Jokes aside, here are a couple of tips:

- The LFO and arpeggiator tempo can be set through tap tempo: in the modulation section, press and hold the RATE button until it blinks. Here you are! It's a pity that the tempo detection is not as smart as on he MF104M, but it's a cool trick neverthless.

- The noise generator is primarily a modulation source but you can use it for audio as well. For that, two tricks: use the noise to modulate pitch (or osc 2 pitch only) and set the modulation wheel so to have the right amount of "pitched noise". Or modulate the osc 2 pitch, the osc 2 wave form being set to impulse and the volume being set to anything greater than zero; changing the octave of osc 2 will change the noise colour (I haven't tried that one yet... but will certainly!).Or...
- ... there is a little goody made in France by TouellSkouarn called the Hirlostek. Check this out.

- Pot mapping, for controlling e.g. filter cut off frequency AND resonance at the same time. That's in the manual.

- A cheap but useful one: for live use, I plug a guitar tuner in the headphones output and whenever I want to check the tuning, I switch the main out off. That allows me to be in tune even while the synth is still warming.

Jamminman

Post by Jamminman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Stiiiive thanks so much that's super useful, I'm going to go play around tonight and make try some that of it out

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:43 pm

I'm glad it was useful :)

BTW I tried the noise modulated osc 2: it's good! Changing the wave form offers various noise colours too.