LP doesn't boot into UPDATE FIRMWARE?

Everything Phatty.
johnnylzr

Post by johnnylzr » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:52 pm

its a STAGE 2 with USB
I hold down MASTER while I power it on and it just boots up like it would if i just turn it on.
the MASTER button is working

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks lads!

Ledbetter

Re: LP doesn't boot into UPDATE FIRMWARE?

Post by Ledbetter » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:34 am

What are you referring to that makes you expect some change in state when you turn the unit on while holding the “Master” button?

Page 43 of the manual includes this paragraph regarding receiving a firmware update:

“The LP will display a ‘RX FIRMWARE’ message when a firmware update is transmitted. Additional status messages may appear on the second line of the display as the transmission executes. After the firmware update is completed, the LP will automatically reset.”

So, all you have to do is power up the unit and transmit the update data over MIDI. Hope this helps, let me know.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

johnnylzr

Post by johnnylzr » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:30 pm

sorry i was under the impression you were supposed to hold down MASTER while powering up and then it would display
UPDATE FIRMWARE?

i read on the website
"A -- FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS:

Starting the Bootloader

Put the Little Phatty into bootloader mode as follows:

1. Start with the power switched off. Press and hold the MASTER button; while holding down MASTER, switch on the power. On the Phatty LCD screen you should see the message “Update Firmware? PRESET=Yes”.

2. Press the PRESET button to continue. This will erase the previous firmware. The LCD will prompt “Please Send Firmware” to indicate the unit is ready to receive new firmware.

3. Connect MIDI from your computer to the Little Phatty. If your LP has a USB port, connect USB from your computer to the LP. If no USB, connect the MIDI OUT from your computer MIDI interface to the MIDI IN port on the Little Phatty."

i will try as you said later today
thank you

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Stop what you’re doing. I was unaware of the boot loader instructions. You need the New boot loader if you’re updating certain new firmware over certain old firmware. Otherwise, extremely bad things happen.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 pm

What version firmware is currently on the unit and what version are you updating to?

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:41 am

See these threads and search this sub forum for “bootloader” and “boot loader.”

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32098&p=173607&hili ... er#p173607

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28734&p=165514&hili ... er#p165514