Slim Phatty stop sending MIDI CC after a while

Everything Phatty.
BrufordRules

Slim Phatty stop sending MIDI CC after a while

Post by BrufordRules » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 am

Hi all,

I notice that my Slim Phatty stops sending MIDI CC from the knobs after a while. I got the latest firmware installed 3.21 690/34 and use the synth via DIN MIDI.

I got to turn off the synth and turn it on again but after a while it stops sending MIDI CC which is really annoying.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue.

Thank you so much in advance.

Alex

Ledbetter

Re: Slim Phatty stop sending MIDI CC after a while

Post by Ledbetter » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Do you have anything sending midi TO the SP which might contain a local off message?
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

Flareless

Re: Slim Phatty stop sending MIDI CC after a while

Post by Flareless » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:50 am

I use my Little Phatty and Slim Phattys (aka: Phatt Bastard)all via DIN only. I've found having the USB active is a problem. I have my MIDI ports set to DIN and Merge set to NONE.

If I have to use USB for some reason I can always plug the cable in and switch the port on.

I don't know if this will help with your problem but in my experience with Phattys and the Sub37, USB MIDI is an area where Moog is particularly weak and sometimes its problems bleed over to the DIN port.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart