Slim Phatty having severe note hanging issues

Everything Phatty.
Mattew96

Slim Phatty having severe note hanging issues

Post by Mattew96 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I have a slim phatty with the latest instrument firmware and the classic notes hanging problem. I have found old forum posts pointing here:
"http://seamslikereality.com/moog/SLIM_USB_v34.zip"
However that site is now dead. Why is that usb/midi firmware updater not available on the official Moog website? Was it rolled into the latest firmware update? If so, how can I fix this problem? It makes the slim an unusable option for me.

In the interim I am going to factory reset it in the slim (regrettable pun) hopes it will help me but I highly doubt it will. Just trying to figure out the best way for me to save sysex dumps right now.

Thanks for your assistance!

Mattew96

Re: Slim Phatty having severe note hanging issues

Post by Mattew96 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:54 am

Update:
A factory reset has fixed the issue, however restoring the bulk dump that I performed before the factory reset restores the issue. I have attached the bulk dump for reference in case anyone from Moog wants to investigate why this occurs. I worry that whatever created the problem in the first place may arise again in the future.

Thanks again!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 1490633560

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:16 am

You might find some of the information in this article useful.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

Mattew96

Post by Mattew96 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:03 pm

That looks about right. When I have my next digikey order set up I'll definitely include me one of those programmers and give this a shot!
Thank you!

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:55 am

Mattew96 wrote:That looks about right. When I have my next digikey order set up I'll definitely include me one of those programmers and give this a shot!
Thank you!
You're very welcome. I'm glad to help!
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart