Firmware update caused control reassignment - WHY?

Everything Phatty.
aguy

Firmware update caused control reassignment - WHY?

Post by aguy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello

I am a newb here, i have a slim phatty that I have just (regrettably) updated firmware following instructions on: https://moogmusicsupport.zendesk.com/hc ... le-Phatty-

Post update when I try to play the buttons / controls assignment have switched - e.g. if i press the destination button in modulation it inadvertently controls the octave switch in oscillators.. none of the buttons do what they are supposed to.. it is a mess

I have tried repeatedly the steps and have the same result. i only tried in a hope that it would get rid of the dreaded stuck note..

Does anyone know a way around this?

Most frustrating

thanks in advance

Help please

Ledbetter

Re: Firmware update caused control reassignment - WHY?

Post by Ledbetter » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:49 pm

It appears that you loaded Little Phatty firmware into your Slim Phatty. Slim Phatty has different firmware which you can find here:

https://www.moogmusic.com/downloads?type=66

Scroll to the right of the page. It’s under the designation “Legacy Products” and is kind of hard to find on the new Moog site.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

aguy

Post by aguy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:56 am

Ledbetter wrote:It appears that you loaded Little Phatty firmware into your Slim Phatty. Slim Phatty has different firmware which you can find here:

https://www.moogmusic.com/downloads?type=66

Scroll to the right of the page. It’s under the designation “Legacy Products” and is kind of hard to find on the new Moog site.
Hi Ledbetter

Thanks for the reply and the glimmer of hope - I had actually read somewhere that updates for Little and Slim could be the same.. I couldn't find anything for the Slim (as you pointed out..kinda hard to find on the site) so tried the little phatty loader

Well, I tried the Slim Phatty firmware update and for a second i thought it was fine, upon re-powering the LCD shows 'Boot V1.0' then that quickly changes to 'Little Phatty Rev: 3.05 b4' and the same problems continue :? the slim phatty update tho saying it is done hasn't seemed to have worked, removed settings from the earlier update that sent this thing all screwy

I am curious as to why a RESTORE FACTORY prompt does absolutely nothing - I was hoping that would be a get out of jail free card.. i seem to be stuck with this update that has rendered this SP a bit of a puzzle to use

Please help - this is beyond me

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:29 am

That’s weird, because the current firmware for both Little and Slim is version 3.21, and the current boot is version 1.1. I don’t see how you could have ended up with version 3.05.

Did you follow the instruction for updating from firmware 2.XX to firmware 3.XX before updating the firmware? What version did you upgrade from? I’ve had five slims and don’t recall any of them having a 2.XX firmware version.

Did you slow down the data transfer in the boot loader menus? Mine would not work until I did this. When the firmware update is being loaded, the display should read “Receiving Record 1, Receiving Record 2,” and so on in sequence until the firmware is loaded, almost 700 records. Then the display should say firmware loaded and then you turn the Slim off and then on again. My Slims boot up as follows:

Boot 1.1, then
Firmware 3.21 690

You could try to load Slim firmware 3.21 again, or call Moog. I’ve had to try more than once before. Did the stuck note go away?

Calling Moog is probably the best thing to do now. Good luck.
Former owner of Prodigy #2845 (purchased new, long ago), Animoog, Voyager Select (Fire & Maple), Little and Slim Phatties, Nord Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2X, Roland AX-9.

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:32 pm

You might find some help reading of my experience....

Phatty Firmware Fun

Un-Bricking A Moog Slim Phatty
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

moogmoogmusic

Post by moogmoogmusic » Sun May 09, 2021 5:44 pm

thanks for that great info flawless,
I hope I won't need It just right now.
I am learning to get my slimphatty with a good tuning,
i have not completely figured out the autotune function,
does anybody have a video of the slimphatty being tuned that way?
But I am getting good results in ON mode once the slimphatty is really nice and warm. :oops:

I am on boot loader 1.0 (that flashes on boot),
and I see you have 1.1, can you tell me what this improves ?
thank you