Slim Phatty / Midi Controller Rotary Controls not syncing up

Everything Phatty.
Colonel Monk

Slim Phatty / Midi Controller Rotary Controls not syncing up

Post by Colonel Monk » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:17 am

Howdy all:

I've had my slim for a few years but this is the first time using it with a proper midi keyboard. I got a Novation Impulse, and have found it easy enough to program the rotary controls to do what I want, except for one problem....

When I switch presets on the slim, the controls on the Impulse don't sync with the phatty. For example, the filter frequency lets say is set at 2 oclock on the preset, but the second I touch the control on the impulse maybe it jumps to 7 clock because that is the midi value where the Impulse's knob was last used.... (at least this is what seems to be happening)

Anyone know what I'm talking about and do you have any suggestions? Ideally the Slim could broadcast the CC value of the preset to the Impulse, thus syncing them up?

Thanks!
Colonel Monk

Slim Phatty, Foogertron 7000: Low Pass, Ring Mod, Phaser, 104z Delay, ClusterFlux, Bass MuRF, FreqBox, CP-251
2X Mother 32, Minitaur

bichuelo

Re: Slim Phatty / Midi Controller Rotary Controls not syncin

Post by bichuelo » Wed May 09, 2018 6:56 am

Yes I know what you're speaking about

Maybe the Analogue mode is set to SNAP mode, and what you need could be either TRACK or PASS-THRU mode. Check out page 28 on the manual where these are explained
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Colonel Monk

Re: Slim Phatty / Midi Controller Rotary Controls not syncin

Post by Colonel Monk » Thu May 10, 2018 7:02 am

bichuelo wrote:Yes I know what you're speaking about

Maybe the Analogue mode is set to SNAP mode, and what you need could be either TRACK or PASS-THRU mode. Check out page 28 on the manual where these are explained
Thanks much, I'll check that out this weekend.

CM
Colonel Monk

Slim Phatty, Foogertron 7000: Low Pass, Ring Mod, Phaser, 104z Delay, ClusterFlux, Bass MuRF, FreqBox, CP-251
2X Mother 32, Minitaur