anyone here have the cv out mod and actually use it?

Everything Phatty.
CRJ

anyone here have the cv out mod and actually use it?

Post by CRJ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 am

looking for ideas here. have a little phatty stage 2 with the cv and what not out mod, and i never use it. curious to see how everyone uses these outs. thanks for your time.

kn_s

Re: anyone here have the cv out mod and actually use it?

Post by kn_s » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:14 am

not much help here for you, but i have the lp solar edition with the mod already built in. picked it up the day before they announced the original sub 37. i had been eyeing it up for awhile and for the very reason that it had the cv outs, but i too have never used them, mostly because i picked up soooo much gear in a short window that i never got around to it. i know if you have the 'foogers or any other cv stuff you can send cv from the phatty to control things you send it to. one of these days i will get around to it and hopefully i'll know what and why i did with it. i'm still learning as i go. good luck with it!
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 am

LP CV out user here too : )
I first bought a regular LP SE2 and then got the oportunity to buy a CV out one. I already had a couple Mooger Foogers around, bought a couple more, sold other ones... barely used them all together. Plus I mostly use the LP as a regular synth in bands, without transporting the foogers.

Lately, I installed a foogers board near my LP and noodled around. I won't write a review for each fooger here (unless anyone is interested, but there are plenty of them out there) but what I can say is that, besides the sound aspect, some foogers can bring more fun than others because they offer CV outs. I'm thinking about the MF-101 and MF107 for their envelope followers and the CP-251 for the CV processing it provides, whereas it does not sound itself.

CRJ, if you're after ideas, take a look to the original MoogMusic's LP CV out option demo video. Inspiring : )
They are available through the Little Phatty's demos page on the MoogMusic website, but here are the YT links: one there and another there, with that sexy white Phatty!

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 pm

CRJ wrote:looking for ideas here. have a little phatty stage 2 with the cv and what not out mod, and i never use it. curious to see how everyone uses these outs.
Hi CRJ,

Here's a video I made (a little over eight years ago) with a Solar Phatty (CV Outs) controlling four different Moogerfoogers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkm-2OuIOhI
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

CRJ

Post by CRJ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 pm

awesome. thanks for the stuff people. will investigate! xo

kn_s

Post by kn_s » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
CRJ wrote:looking for ideas here. have a little phatty stage 2 with the cv and what not out mod, and i never use it. curious to see how everyone uses these outs.
Hi CRJ,

Here's a video I made (a little over eight years ago) with a Solar Phatty (CV Outs) controlling four different Moogerfoogers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkm-2OuIOhI

DemonDan, thanks for (re)posting that link! i remember watching it a while back, but i think i'm going to have to watch it more closely with everything powered up and try it out this weekend!!
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

CRJ

Post by CRJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:55 am

finally watching all these videos. that bleep you get going with the arpeggiator and the midi murf i think and it going through the steps. that is rad as f%ck.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 pm

I've been patching the LPCV and Foogers lately and I've obtained some cool sounds.

For example, the filter envelope controls the MF101's resonance level so that it comes up not immediately.

Or the pitch CV controling the tuned MF101 cutoff and resonance just on the edge of auto-oscillation: with a nice (dirty, real) spring reverb and some MF104 delay, it gets like you don't whether the dog will smack or bite you : )

Another one: untill two days ago, I had been using the MF108 for months as a mon to stereo processor for a reverb in my small home studio installation, just for the pleasure of ears. I had the visit of a fellow forum member who wanted to hear it on synths so I changed the patch. With no feedback and mix at 100% wet, slow LFO movements yield a weird and delicious vibrato...

The LP's CV outs are definitely something to explore with!