LP/SP filter vs. Mother-32

Everything Phatty.
soundxplorer

LP/SP filter vs. Mother-32

Post by soundxplorer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am

Anyone have both to compare? Should the lowpass filters be pretty much the same?
I used to have a Little Phatty that I loved, and I'm considering a Slim Phatty now to get that sound again.

I do have a Mother-32 which sounds great, but one thing that bugs me is processing external audio through the filter. I guess because it was intended to be compatible with Eurorack the external audio needs to be boosted quite a bit with a preamp before going into the Mother. I don't remember this being the case with my old LP, can anyone confirm? i.e. Can you more easily plug line-level things into the LP/SP?
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

bichuelo

Re: LP/SP filter vs. Mother-32

Post by bichuelo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 am

The Slim Phatty and Little Phatty have exactly the same synthesizer audio engine

Indeed, the audio input of the Slim/Little Phatty does not need any boost like the Mother-32 does
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra