updated release date?

Everything Phatty.
glimmertwins

updated release date?

Post by glimmertwins » Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 pm

...just wondering if anyone heard any updates on when the LP ships besides "Summer". Here in Texas summer started two or three months ago. :lol:

I'm would really love a LP but I need to try and get a synth within the next few weeks. Any idea when they are actually looking to distribute these new buggers?

roboctopus

Post by roboctopus » Mon May 08, 2006 5:48 pm

Boy, you said it. Here in Austin yesterday's rain is today's stifling hummidity. It would be nice to cool off with some, um, hot synth sounds... However you want to put that.
What does this button do?

LP Stage II, Dead Prodigy, Juno 60, MF-101 & 102, CP-251, guitars, bass, banjo, and the almighty glockenspiel/melodica combo

martin

Post by martin » Mon May 08, 2006 6:31 pm

up here in canada summer starts in a month or two... i guess we'll have to go with the moog summer whenever that is...

:wink:

glimmertwins

Post by glimmertwins » Mon May 08, 2006 10:38 pm

How funny - I'm in Austin too! I threw a BBQ this Saturday and nearly pulled it all off without rain(but a lot of humidity) until the sudden torrential outburst that doomed me, my brisket, and my poor pit in the middle of the yard. Let's just say the weather has been a bit trying the last several weeks...

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:16 am

I live in England. :wink:

No explanation needed on the weather! :D

CTRLSHFT

here's a good indication!

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu May 11, 2006 11:31 pm

www.ctrlshft.com

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Fri May 12, 2006 12:22 pm

I believe if you ordered from a dealer, then 7/21 seems about right. Thats when they will have the units in their hands and be ready to ship. Thats probably an estimated date (approx two days after they actually receive em)..

If you preordered through Moog directly, shipments should go out around the 15th of July. We will be on tour so I'm gonna have one sent express UPS to San Fran (where we'll be for a gig and my wifes bday) and have the other sent to my house).. I can't wait.. I hoping to have my ( I mean my wife's) LP in San Fran on July 17th.... :)

However, something could always set the date back. Or spring it forward :) !!!!!! Now that Mr. Glyph is working for Moog, maybe we'll see those babys built in half the time... Get to work son.. Just Kidding....
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

glimmertwins

Post by glimmertwins » Sat May 13, 2006 1:14 am

Thanks for the updates guys....seems like it can't come soon enough. I put myself on the list - I couldn't resist.

shagghie

UNofficial word but first-hand from factory...

Post by shagghie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:07 pm

The LP's were all set to go off the assembly line, but one of the parts from China had a 'major oversight' flaw in it, and so all the units are now awaiting a re-worked part from China again before shipping, eta, late August at best.

I can't/won't say whom I talked to, and I promise I'm not making it up, and that it comes from a horse's mouth.

Moog is not the first company in the industry to experience the pain of how much it ends up costing to do business blindly with a Chinese parts facility...it's very hard work, and dividends aren't realized for years on consistant production... but alas, to me, the LP will be worth it at $1375!

-s

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:41 pm

seems reasonable enough...
Moog LP TE

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:35 pm

Hmm.. I talked to a "horse (or source rather)" at moog too... but late August was never confessed...
Hope thats not true.. I heard we're still online for Late July..

I' can't wait either :)

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:47 pm

Man, I hope that this is NOT TRUE!!!

Now that I have made the decision to buy and paid some money down, I am VERY anxious and have been counting the days.

For me, this is the equivalent of being a 6-year-old who has been counting the days until Christmas, only to be told at Thankgiving that Christmas has been moved to Valentines Day!

AHUGGHHHH!!
Thanks Bob!!

calyx93

Post by calyx93 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:05 pm

- waiting on pins and needles here - I wish I could go on and drive the short distance to Asheville and pick mine up now :?

I certainly hope that the other components won't flake out any time soon after delivery - and this brings up a question. Any "horses" or little birdies out there know if there are going to be any proprietary/custom components that might not be available in the future should they fail? I'd like to know that my expensive new acquisition will be protected and easily serviced in its (hopefully) long life.

glimmertwins

Post by glimmertwins » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:09 pm

I personally would rather wait a little longer and get a Moog built well & tested thoroughly than one rushed out the door to make an already delayed production date. Of course I didn't put money down on my LP yet...just on the waiting list right now.

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:19 pm

From the latest Moog emailing:

We are very glad to announce the production date for the Little Phatty. We plan to enter into production on July 19, 2006. The task of hand-building each Little Phatty will carry on the tried-and-true tradition of providing the highest quality instruments for our customers. Inevitably, it will also mean that there will be a wait for some of you to receive your new synth. We really appreciate your patience. We will work extremely hard to fulfill orders as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we have uploaded some new sound samples for your listening pleasure.

Looks like the information is correct. Most of us will be waiting until sometime in August before we see our LP.... DARN!
Thanks Bob!!