Sub 37 and Ableton

Everything Phatty.
joriscorthout

Sub 37 and Ableton

Post by joriscorthout » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Hey

so I just bought me a Sub37 and I absolutely love it. I use ableton as a daw and this Sub 37 is my first real synth... so first time I have to hook up an external instrument to my DAW.

I have some problems with it appearing and disappearing in Ableton (rebooting or pulling out the USB and putting it back in does the trick) but a far worse thing is this:

when I put on a preset on my sub37 and I play midi notes to it as an external instrument all goes well. When I then change my preset to something else all goes well until the midi track loops. When the loop starts again on the first note of my bars it changes again to the first preset on my Sub37 that I initially used playing in the notes... very weird problem and it does not make sense to me because I don't even know how to store any preset on a midi track for the sub37... using the sub37 editor on that track does not solve the problem....

thanks for you help!

kimsnarf

Re: Sub 37 and Ableton

Post by kimsnarf » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Sounds like Ableton sends a program change MIDI message when the track starts. I'm not familiar with Ableton so I can't tell you where to fix this.

Roger Paolo

Re: Sub 37 and Ableton

Post by Roger Paolo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 am

yup, that sounds like a program message. open the clip and look for the 3 fields under 'PGM Change'. If something is filled out there and the clip loops then Ableton will set your synth to that program. 2 solutions:
1. empty the 3 fields under 'pgm change' This will cause the synth to stay in whatever patch it's in.
2. make sure that the clip does not loop (click the yellow 'loop' button). this will cause ableton to set the patch of your synth in the beginning of the song but as the clip is not looping it will send the message only once.

hope this helps.