Little Phatty EG question

Everything Phatty.
Wogu

Little Phatty EG question

Post by Wogu » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello Everybody,

since a few days I'm a proud owner of Moog LP Stage II. There is one thing that I can't figure out on my own. I have also searched internet for the answer but with no luck as well.

While using most of the factory presets I can't set attack or decay on EG. The button seems to be not active. I can change sustain or release but when I push the attack or decay button nothing happens. There are only a few presets where I am able to define those parameters.

Is it normal? How can I deal with it to be able to set attack every time I want?

Thanks in advance for yout help.

DonutDude

Re: Little Phatty EG question

Post by DonutDude » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi Wogu,

Do the buttons light up when you push them? Those membrane type buttons will wear out over time or get dirt in them. I have a few that need a second or third push occasionally to operate for that reason. Try pushing the buttons a little bit harder and see if that clicks them on.

You can also try re-loading the operating system and the original Moog patches.

Hope that helps

Wogu

Post by Wogu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi,

The buttons do not light up when I push them. They just seems to be inactive. But generally the buttons work fine because there are some presets where I can set attack and everything seems to be ok with them. It has to be some software or setting issue but I can't find out how to solve it.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:51 am

Wogu wrote:The buttons do not light up when I push them. They just seem to be inactive. But generally the buttons work fine because there are some presets where I can set attack and everything seems to be ok with them.
Hi Wogu,
I don't have a Little Phatty in the building, so I can't confirm my hunch, but...

IF each preset remembers which buttons were selected (when saved), then your problem could be that the buttons for the EG knob are not working. Some presets would seem to be working if the desired button was already selected with the preset.

Just a hunch, without having one to experiment on.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Wogu

Post by Wogu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:30 am

You may be right. Now I noticed that even when I load a preset where I can change attack, when I push another button to alter sustain or release, I can't go back to set attack anymore. Thanks for your hint.

MRNUTTY

Post by MRNUTTY » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:19 pm

In the advanced presets menu there is a setting for enable/disable release portion of EG's, as well as a number of other tasty settings :-). To use these synths to their fullest, you have to do a little menu diving on the SP, LP, and Voyager.
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:42 am

_DemonDan_ wrote:IF each preset remembers which buttons were selected (when saved), then your problem could be that the buttons for the EG knob are not working. Some presets would seem to be working if the desired button was already selected with the preset.
This is the case : each preset retains what setting is active in each section, i.e. MOD, OSCILLATORS, FILTER, ENVELOPES.

The problem seems to be coming from the physical buttons. A cleaning may help, I wish it will.

Meanwhile, there is a way to bypass that: Pot mapping.
To sum up, besides controlling one of the parameter of its section, each knob can control a supplementary parameter. It is set through associating it to a MIDI CC number and can be transmitted to MIDI OUT and/or internal engine. To control this supplementary parameter, press the already lit button of the section of interest. I let you get deeper in the manual for details.

Bottom line: you may want to associate ATTACK and DECAY to any of the knobs through pot mapping in order to be able to set those parameters. Oh, and be aware that this is a program setting so you have to program it for any program you want to use.

Hope this helps even if only a workaround.