Sub Phatty VST plugin not seen by Cakewalk Sonar X3 Produce

Everything Phatty.
PTownLuke

Sub Phatty VST plugin not seen by Cakewalk Sonar X3 Produce

Post by PTownLuke » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi everyone,

First time posting here and I did a search and perusing of the forum before posting this, but feel free to redirect me if this has already been covered elsewhere. I have a Sub Phatty connected via USB to my Windows 7 PC. The standalone version of the Sub's editor/librarian program works great but I cannot get my DAW, Sonar X3, to see the VST plugins for the editor/librarian. I have been working with Sonar in various versions for over a decade and have always been able to resolve VST issues, but this one has me stumped.

I have all my VSTs consolidated in one folder (E:\VSTPlugins) with the plugin files placed inside folders of their respective manufacturers, so I've placed the two 32-bit versions of the Sub Phatty plugins into the "Moog" folder. These are the file names of what I believe to be the correct plugins for a 32-bit install of a DAW:

Sub Phatty Editor(x86).dll
Sub Phatty Editor-VI(x86).dll

I have my VST scan path pointing to the main VSTPlugins folder and it picks up everything just fine... except the Moog plugins. I tried pulling them out of the Moog subfolder and rescanning, again with no luck. Sonar X3 supports VST 2 and VST 3 plugins, but it wasn't entirely clear from the editor's manual which VST format these are. Anyhow, to make this long story short, the plugins don't show up anywhere in Sonar -- neither the plugin manager nor the drop-down menus where you would choose plugins and soft synths in a project.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Luke

chrbay

Re: Sub Phatty VST plugin not seen by Cakewalk Sonar X3 Prod

Post by chrbay » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:34 am

Hi Luke,
I too am running Sonar (Platinum, in my case) and have similar issues with the latest versions of the editor. I've had to roll back to using the previous version, as the issue is still not resolved (old version has other bugs, but at least it shows up!) I reported this back in July last year, but I understand development on the Sub Phatty Editor has been suspended in favour of development of the Minataur.

I advise you apply to join the Moog Public Beta group where you can find more information/ updates as to new versions. Contact Gil Weinstock and request that you be put on the group, as refered to by the following thread
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... up#p156243

Once you've joined, the thread about the issue is as follows...
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25814

Cheers,
Moog Sub Phatty | Windows 10 home 64bit | M-Audio Delta 1010 | Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
Other: Korg Electribe 2S | Roland JX-03 | Kork Volca Series | P800Mk2R | DIY Modular bits

breun

Re: Sub Phatty VST plugin not seen by Cakewalk Sonar X3 Prod

Post by breun » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't use VST's myself, so I can't help you with this, but according to the forum index the forum to use for the Sub Phatty is The Sub Forum, so you might get more/better replies to Sub Phatty related questions when posting over there. Yes, it's confusing since Sub Phatty sounds like it's both a Sub and a Phatty synth (and actually the Moog website lists both Sub Phatty and Sub 37 under PHATTYS in the menu...).