Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

new here and question on EG

Little Phatty • Slim Phatty

new here and question on EG

Postby Roger Paolo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Hello! My name is Roger and I just bought a Little Phatty SE II. Stoked! I upgraded to 3.21 690, and now I am creating sounds for my band. One sound I use to start from is the 1975 strings. I need it for a Cello'-ish solo. Tweaked it so it sounds the way I like it, but one thing I can't figure out. When I play every note separately, the Amp EG works the way I want, every note builds up with a nice attack. When I play notes 'legato' however, the EG does not start from the beginning, the note is at the same volume as the former one. Is there a way to play legato and have the EG work from it's beginning at every note?
Roger Paolo

Re: new here and question on EG

Postby Roger Paolo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:13 am

found it... there is an option called EG reset in the master section, this does the trick....
Roger Paolo

Postby stiiiiiiive » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:37 am

Absolutely :)

Bravo and welcome to the forum!
Congrats for your LP2. It's an amazing instrument, simple yet so good sounding. Mine has not been kicked out by the subsequent Subs.

About envelope management, I first was surprised that you would want to restart the envelope for something that is supposed to sound cello'ish. But hey, I'm not playing your songs :)
stiiiiiiive

Postby Roger Paolo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 am

I looked for some hesitance between the tones, even when played legato...

Until now I love the LP, the only thing I have to get used to is the non discrete relation between the knobs and the parameters. I have reached for knobs and altered other parameters than intended a lot... :-)
Roger Paolo

Return to The Phatty Forum