After updating the firmware on my LP Stage 2 from 2.0 to 3.12, I have noticed a few weird glitches.
When first turning the LP on, before displaying REV 3.12(...) the LCD briefly displays: BOOT V1.1.
Immediately after the update, all the presets were replaced with garbage data. I attempted a factory reset on the LP, but the presets were still garbage data. I have sent the factory presets using MIDI-OX, and they appear to have transferred correctly, with the exception of the CALIBRATION patch (still garbage).
And finally, the worst problem since the update, is that the LFO control seems to be completely wacky. Most values will lead to an extremely low rate, with a couple sporadic, high frequency values at seemingly random values. These high frequency LFO rates also seem to be slowing the processor down to a halt so that I cannot use any buttons on the unit until the rate has been changed. The LFO is completely unusable.
I am hoping that these issues were caused by a faulty transmission of the firmware data, and that they can be fixed by re-installing the firmware. I used the USB update process on Win8. I am currently not sure whether to start at the bootloader step again or go straight into PhattyLoader.