Can I set my LFO rate to 0 (flatline)?

Everything Phatty.
real_eggs

Can I set my LFO rate to 0 (flatline)?

Post by real_eggs » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:01 pm

i want to be able to use the mod wheel to bring my osc2 up one octave. i absolutely understand there are otherways to do this but for the sake of performance, it's crucial that i need to have it controlled by the mod wheel. I pulled this off accidentally when i was polychaining my LP and SP and had the SP lfo sync on midi and not internal BUT ideally I want this saved with this specific patch. Right now i have the desitination on Osc 2, the amount is at the octave; now i just need the lfo rate to be a flatline (not a wave up and down.

I know its a work-around but do yall have any ideas? THANKS

stiiiiiiive

Re: Can I set my LFO rate to 0 (flatline)?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Hey,welcome to the forum :)

What I usually do for that is using the filter envelope as modulation source, setting it as a rectangle, organ-like volume envelope.
Hope this helps!

ebowen4221

Post by ebowen4221 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:05 pm

You can also hit the Controllers button and select Constant on for the source, and 100% for the Mod Wheel. Then you push the mod wheel all the way up, and dial in the pitch to 1 octave. Conversely, you can also mess around with it so the mod wheel isn't at 100% and it gives you more control at the Pitch knob.

ebowen4221

Post by ebowen4221 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Whoops, I was thinking this was a Sub 37. That's what you do on a Sub 37 anyways.

But in the case that my browser brought me to the Phatty forum instead of the Sub forum - I completely agree with Stiiiiiive (enough i's?) and would use an envelope.