Little phatty Velocity Off?

Everything Phatty.
chalkytannins

Little phatty Velocity Off?

Post by chalkytannins » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:49 pm

I have a little phatty (stage 1 i believe, no usb).

I was wondering if there was a way to turn off note-velocity modulation. It seems the faster I press, the more open the filter is. When playing live, i'd prefer to control the filter through either the mod wheel or the filter knob, not through the velocity of my key presses.

After looking through the manual, I can't seem to find anyway to turn it off!

Thanks,

_DemonDan_

Re: Little phatty Velocity Off?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:31 am

chalkytannins wrote:I have a little phatty (stage 1 i believe, no usb).

I was wondering if there was a way to turn off note-velocity modulation. It seems the faster I press, the more open the filter is... After looking through the manual, I can't seem to find anyway to turn it off!
Hi chalkytannins,

Check out Page 35 of Little Phatty Manual (2.2)

The Filter Sensitivity menu allows you to select how the keyboard velocity will affect the filter cutoff frequency. Positive values increase the velocity sensitivity.This will raise the filter cutoff as the keys are struck harder, mimicking the properties of acoustic instruments. Negative values will have the opposite effect, lowering the filter cutoff frequency as the keys are struck harder. To change the parameter, use the CURSOR button to highlight the parameter, then use the VALUE knob to set the new parameter value.
Values: -8... 0... +8
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

chalkytannins

Re: Little phatty Velocity Off?

Post by chalkytannins » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:50 am

Wow great!

I did the lazy method of ctrl+f on that pdf for "velocity", and for some reason that entry doesn't show up, yet it's clear and plain right there.

Thanks so much