Slim Phatty preset editor?

Everything Phatty.
neslekkim

Slim Phatty preset editor?

Post by neslekkim » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:46 pm

For my minitaur there is an preset editor, or something to upload presets, and such.

Does it exists similar for the Slim Phatty?, I downloaded some of the presets that is in sysex format, but those have whole banks, I would like to pick out the ones I like and keep those as one bank instead.
It looks like there are something for the Little Phatty, but are the slim and little that much the same?
The little phatty editor is also very old, from 2011, how is that compatible with Windows 8.1, and Windows 10?

Hamudi2000

Re: Slim Phatty preset editor?

Post by Hamudi2000 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:53 am

Hi,
the Little and Slim are sysex compatible. I am using the Soundtower Little Phatty Editor for my Slim without any problems.
BTW. I am using the editor in Win10 64bit

ozfunghi

Re: Slim Phatty preset editor?

Post by ozfunghi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:51 am

neslekkim wrote:For my minitaur there is an preset editor, or something to upload presets, and such.

Does it exists similar for the Slim Phatty?, I downloaded some of the presets that is in sysex format, but those have whole banks, I would like to pick out the ones I like and keep those as one bank instead.
It looks like there are something for the Little Phatty, but are the slim and little that much the same?
The little phatty editor is also very old, from 2011, how is that compatible with Windows 8.1, and Windows 10?

It's possible to do it do this without the Moog editor, just with Midi-Ox. Backup/download your current bank to your computer (using midi-ox for instance). Upload the new bank (with 100 presets) to your phatty, and backup/download the presets you like of that bank, from your phatty individually to your computer. Do that for all the banks you have. I made a selection of 100 presets from a total of 5 or so banks. I backup'ed/downloaded each of the presets i wanted from my Little Phatty to my computer. Once i had each individual preset on the PC, i uploaded them one by one, overwriting the presets in the current bank i did not need.

It's a hassle, but it's possible.