my unrelenting and sometimes perverse appetite.

Everything Phatty.
falseface11

my unrelenting and sometimes perverse appetite.

Post by falseface11 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Just one man's oppinion. :cry:

i think the LP is great for what it is......
a beginners or gigging analog synth for the high end consumer,
although i think that the fact that it doesnt fold is not convenient for gigging. and that it is not what im looking for in a synth. i always felt that peoples gripes on the price of the voyager were unwarranted. i felt that it was a great value at its price point. i potentially would have paid more. i think that when you combine negative feedback about price and moogmusic's(a company which i absolutely adore) need to create a new and profitable product that is marketable to younger generations accustumed to flashy lights you get the Little Phatty. while i respect the decision that they made due to real market variables, and hope that this targeted market does not choose a microkorg just because it is in every sam ash, and guitar center, and because it is less expensive, more portable, or that it has a vocoder, i hope that somewhere down the line they have a synth in the works that is suitable for a consumer with my desires:
i would have paid 10K american for a synth with voyager-like aspects(comparible by parametric layout and facilitated control features) 6 osc 76 key synth with 2 lfo's, 4 mod busses, 2 noise sources, 3 eg's(1 being un-dedicated) and a post envelope tube output section with a cv variable drive stage. i realize that this synth is not for everyone, but neither is the little phatty, and neither is the voyager, but there is a market for it, this i gaurantee!

Please send your hate or love to [email protected]

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:16 pm

you willingness to drop 10K kinda makes me throwup in my mouth.....

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:28 pm

get yourself and myself a lttle phatty and we're best buds.
:wink:

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:47 pm

Just get yourself a modular synth...

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm

id love a modular system, particularly if moog built one, but the old ones are quirky and unreliable. that is why i would jump at the chance to buy one, preferably in a two piece voyager orientation with all the specs listed above. im not asking for new technology just a very nice expansion of the voyager with alot cv i/o's and a bypassable tube overdrive circuit with two extra tasty electro harmonix 12ax7 preamp tubes! and come on.. we all would love an extra eg, 2 extra mod bus's, another noise source(white in addition to the pink, another lfo, imagine how amazing the addition of harmonic and enharmonic distortions and overtones would be with the use of a tube drivin preamp circuit whoes parameters are swept with your own fine tuned complex control modulation. ive heard what it can sound like...... i had my friend modify my mesa boogie vtwin tube preamp pedal by installing a vca at the drive stage. things can go even further imagine if they added a 3 or 4 band parametric eq. and an additional level of aftertouch that is capable of triggering one or all of osc's 4-6 that are engaged/disengaged with a switch below each oscillator that reads
KYBD/AFTERTOUCH 2 ( OK MAYBE A LIL BIT OF NEW TECHNOLOGY )
when aftertouch 2 is triggered the oscis begin tracking the kybd relative to the oscis octave and pitch parameters. also control of ocs 2-6's phase would be nice.

COME ON YOU GUYS THIS WOULD BE AWESOME THEY COULD CALL IT THE MOOG GALAXY. PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS!

falseface11

Post by falseface11 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 pm

the guest posting above is me.

whoops!

falseface11

Post by falseface11 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:33 pm

electrical_engineer_gEEk wrote:you willingness to drop 10K kinda makes me throwup in my mouth.....
the thought of moog releasing a synth with my specs makes me feel the need to change my pants

Kabang

in the bright light of DSI's new mono

Post by Kabang » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:47 pm

Of coures Moog is great and sounds awesome but how can you call the mini a "great value" in light of Dave Smiths 4 ocs, wave table, effects, sequencer, output hack, poly-chainable, etc.. now that is a value!!

falseface11

Post by falseface11 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:20 pm

yeah my friend has dave's poly and wishes he bought a voyager after playing mine. i did think it was a cool and flexible piece but being a recording and mixing engineer a comparison of the overall sound of both units just reinforces my feelings on the overall value of the voyager.
and dont get me wrong i like dave's stuff it just isnt "it" to me

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:02 pm

FalseFace, there are lots of modern day modulars out there. Two that can sound similar to Moogs are synthesizers.com and MOTM. I have a dot com 22 piece cabinet, have compared it to the Voyager (just sine waves, squarewaves etc), and have to say that I like the dot com better...