Overload control?

Everything Phatty.
goldphinga

Overload control?

Post by goldphinga » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:51 pm

Anyone heard the LP yet at musikmesse and found out what the overload control does. is it like a drive control circuit overloading the circuitry or not???
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:25 am

Amos on the vintagesynth forum
the "overload" parameter is my favorite feature of the LP so far. It is variable pre-filter distortion and post-filter soft clipping at once... so it's really an effect you can't get with a stompbox because it's inserted right into the filter's feedback path. This allows the filter to scream like an MS20 (my opinion), or get that wonderful clipped-resonance of the Roland TB filter. I have always thought that as rich and lush as the Voyager filter is, it could seem too smooth or too tame... hard to get it to scream like a bastard without intense modulation. The Little Phatty on the other hand is not so demure.
that sounds awsome!
("sounds" as in "by the soundsounds of things" i haven't actually heard it)

if it can sound like a Moog, a Korg or a Roland, then this is the only monosynth you need in your setup, right? well maybe not, but nearly.

can't wait to get my hands on one! but living in perth, by the time i do get my hands on one it will be my one, and that's the only way i will hear it, there are no stores that stock moogs hear. :cry:

rachel

Post by rachel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:01 am

Hi Godzilla,
You might be interested in the Australian price, after I got a quote from the
distributor:
I hope you are well.
I have just returned from the Messe.
The Little Phatty looks and sounds great !

Pricing will be $2399 including GST and shipping.
You conversion is aabout correct, not including GST.

We have been confirmed 10 special edition units to Australia.
We are now taking official orders, with a 50% deposit
required.

I am just about to order one myself!

rachel

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:54 am

thanks!!

very kind of you

i don't know if i'll be able to afford $1200 soon enough to get the special one, ah well we'll see i'm not too fussed which model i get just how long it will take.