Slim Phatty | Cannot change presets ...

Everything Phatty.
mapinduzi

Slim Phatty | Cannot change presets ...

Post by mapinduzi » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi,

I have a Slim Phatty and often I'm unable to change presets. When I turn the Value knob the numbers adjacent to the preset have a cursor below it and the numbers change, but the preset itself (the name and sound) remains static. It's as if I'm attempting to save the preset. I'm unable to exit this mode and have no clue what to do.

I know it's gotta be something simple I'm overlooking, the problem's probably between my ears ... but I'm stumped. Sometimes it exits this situation, but I'm not sure what I've done to exit it.

Reboot doesn't do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

mapinduzi

ozfunghi

Re: Slim Phatty | Cannot change presets ...

Post by ozfunghi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:00 am

mapinduzi wrote:Hi,

I have a Slim Phatty and often I'm unable to change presets. When I turn the Value knob the numbers adjacent to the preset have a cursor below it and the numbers change, but the preset itself (the name and sound) remains static. It's as if I'm attempting to save the preset. I'm unable to exit this mode and have no clue what to do.

I know it's gotta be something simple I'm overlooking, the problem's probably between my ears ... but I'm stumped. Sometimes it exits this situation, but I'm not sure what I've done to exit it.

Reboot doesn't do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

mapinduzi
Don't know, sorry. Though you could try to install the latest firmware, if that's not installed yet, 3.21 i think.

Ladderman

Post by Ladderman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:02 am

The same thing happened here. The unit returned back to normal behaviour after I sent a program change command via midi. (Connect a midi keyboard and change presets from the keyboard)

B.Minor

Post by B.Minor » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Always check your "Local Control" MIDI setting.
You'll not be able to change any of your presets anymore by using the "value" knob if "Local Control" has been set to "OFF". In such a case only MIDI Program Change commands may do such preset changes.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:42 am

B.Minor wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:07 pm You'll not be able to change any of your presets anymore by using the "value" knob if "Local Control" has been set to "OFF".
Are you sure about that? That would surprise me.
The manual says it is useful for
turning control of the SP’s synth engine ON or OFF locally, i.e. any front panel controls that modify the synth engine.
EDIT: I've just observed the same on my LP: thanks B.minor! :)

RobustAmerican

Post by RobustAmerican » Sun May 23, 2021 1:59 pm

This was happening a few nights ago with mine. I just did a factory reset and ran the calibrations a few days earlier and forgot all about the local setting. Had me worried for about 5 minutes. Just a heads up...Good idea to check your local setting after a factory reset, reboot.

Happy Birthday Bob!