Initial thoughts

Everything Phatty.
keybdguy

Initial thoughts

Post by keybdguy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:01 am

:P The new synth has great lines and will look proud atop a keyboard rack. Can't wait to hear the unit. Bob's signature is great, but as a moog player, you want the people onlooking to see the moog logo, at least I've always been proud of that. I also wish the unit had a built in effect processor. I've heard the thoughts why not with the Voyager, but it would be nice for those that still create their own patches, to be able to include the effects they need within the patch and not leave it to messing with or having to buy outboard effects, midi setup, or sound men to screw it up. It's also good marketing for 'kids' auditioning factory patches at the store who aren't used to worrying outboard effects or just want to hear the patches with some reverb, delay or any other effect. (Purists can always elect them off) Also, just as the car dealers re-release old models, this looks like a unit that could have been called the mini-moog (II). Thanks for keeping great new products coming!

Meng Qi

Post by Meng Qi » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:26 am

Anyway, moog always keeps their ideas. That's important if you want that very "moog" sound out of their machines. No new super chip thing, no fancy features. They just do the basic things that Moog machines should do.

The sound.

I think that should be the thing you want from a moog product.
Well they never have get a sequencer inside their boxes. but I'm over that "seq geek" kind of mindstate with the help of this keyboard. I want one. Indeed.

lol..[/url]

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:43 am

on first sight it looks very, very beautiful to me. i love it. it looks clean, friendly, classy and you just want to hug it. ok, that may be taking it too far...

it looks exceedingly well-designed.

lets hope it handles well, is as good as they can make it, has no silly bugs and sounds like a moog.

i want one...