noise source????????????

Everything Phatty.
Micahel Victor

noise source????????????

Post by Micahel Victor » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:49 am

Where is the noise source?
Are my eyes tricking me as I have not seen a noise sourse on the spec list.
This is important to me .How can I create Ocean waves,Wind ,Chiffy Flutes,
Snare Drums, Shakers ,the list goes on..................................
I may be missing some thing in my synthesis sound building knowledge,
but little Phatty is definately missing A noise source ............
..........................................................................shshshssheeeeeshshshsh :!: :!: :!: :?: :evil: :?: :evil: :?: :evil: :?: :evil:

Suburban Bather

Post by Suburban Bather » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:02 am

You could use the audio input. If you have a sampler/softsampler, just run some raw waveforms out and into the Phatty.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:32 am

I could but this synth is a moog
A moog for the masses
Noise is one of the building blocks of synthesis .
Moog is the Father of synthesis
And no noise is a mother fooger

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:05 am

i think the reasons the not having noise come down to the cp 251.

i know back before the rumors started a lot of us wanted a unit with VCOs and VCAs to complete the fooger line to have a range of units that, when combined, would make a modular synth.

if you get the cp 251 you can put noise into the audio in, or use it as a mod source on pitch, filter or volume! also you get sample and hold, an extra LFO, lag... look up the page. before complaing that the synth is incomplete, think about how you can use it with certain other products moog have on offer.

this is a back to basics synth that will allow someone on a low budget to experience the moog sound. but it also has audio in and the most important cv ins so that you can expand on its initial specs.

i love experimenting with noise and doing lots of things this new synth can't do, but i really don't care, i can't afford a voyager so i'm gonna get this, and at a later date i'll get the cp251, ring mod e.t.c.
the cost of a voyager take the cost of this, in moogerfoogers will expand this synth to be far cooler than the voyager on its own.

BTW the prodigy didn't have noise or ext audio input (on the early ones)
if you really want noise and really don't want to buy a cp 251, then just plug an old tv into the ext audio in and don't tune it to any particular channel.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:08 am

if you really want noise and really don't want to buy a cp 251, then just plug an old tv into the ext audio in and don't tune it to any particular channel.
Bit of a chew on stage?

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:16 am

you could also use any small fm radio.

:wink:

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:08 pm

Or you could make some psychedellic video with a whole audio track of noise to run into the lp and use the TV as a stage prop, (displaying old Moog footage) .. That TV idea was great :)

At my friends house once, we were jamming and had no amp for my MG1, so we used an old TV with a burnt out screen (but the speaker worked). Cranked the volume and wow ! An analog synth sounds great pumping out of an old analog TV speaker !
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

Micahel Victor

Post by Micahel Victor » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:22 pm

I could just turn up the microphone and use my voice as Ocean waves,Wind ,Chiffy Flutes, Snare Drums, Shakers, etc.
like................................................Don't Worry Be Happy.
but it would be so much easier to SYNTHESIZE the sound with noise
"Oh that thing" "I had nothing to
do with that. "as said to me by
R.A.MOOG
When asked to sign my xeroxed moog source users manual.Then signed it.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:49 pm

Nick Putrid wrote:Or you could make some psychedellic video with a whole audio track of noise to run into the lp and use the TV as a stage prop, (displaying old Moog footage) .. That TV idea was great :)
when i was about 13 i used to plug my old tv into a boss delay pedal and scrape a detatched arial against the one that was still on, changing the delay time and being all crazy, fun stuff

Indeed

Post by Indeed » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:11 pm

nahhh, once i decided i REALLY wanted a voyager, appreciated its potential musical value in my studio, and that it was NOT too upper eschelon for me, the universe conspired to help me get it.

i got mine used for $2K on craigslist, one of my best purchases ever...sold my Virus & a couple other uninspiring pieces of gear to come up with the dough, but it all came together perfectly.

i think its a cool concept, but i don't think ima get the LP unless it sounds dramatically different than the Voyager. the Voyager is the mothership...strait up....i guess its just too awesome for most...
:idea:
MPC3000, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 108m, 107, CP-251, MINI MODEL D, OB-8, ALESIS A6, ARP ODYSSEY MK1, RHODES MK1

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Nick Putrid wrote:An analog synth sounds great pumping out of an old analog TV speaker !
opposed to a digital TV speaker?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm

Yesterday on my way home from work
I trash picked a very old Admiral Television Cabinet
No None What so ever electronics were inside just an empty cabinet but it sure looks cool. Maybe I can put a speaker in that

Micahel Victor

Post by Micahel Victor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Sorry forgot to log in
I'm the Guest of the previous reply
Also the Admiral I must upload digipic of it.
"Oh that thing" "I had nothing to
do with that. "as said to me by
R.A.MOOG
When asked to sign my xeroxed moog source users manual.Then signed it.