Modulating pitch from CC

Everything Phatty.
catchin

Modulating pitch from CC

Post by catchin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:27 am

I cannot seem to figure this one out. I want to modulate the pitch from Ableton Live using MIDI CC in the same manner that the modulation section does on the synth. I set the destination to Pitch but i want the envelope from Live to replace the LFO rate. Is this possible and how? Seems I could just turn modulation off on the synth, and use the CC #108 to drive pitch, but that is not creating the desired result.
Sounds (BandCamp)
Sights (YouTube)
--
Gear: Little Phatty and 2x Slim Phatty

ObtuseMoose

Re: Modulating pitch from CC

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:17 am

CC 108 controls the downward pitch bend range (how much the pitch will change when you move the pitch wheel down), not the actual pitch.

If you want to modulate the pitch of both oscillators at the same time, you would send pitch bend messages instead of MIDI CC messages. It's the very first one at the top of the MIDI Ctrl list in the Envelopes section in Ableton.

Keep in mind that the pitch bend up and pitch bend down amounts must be non-zero for pitch bend messages to have any effect. That is, the patch must be set up to respond to pitch bend. See the entries for BEND UP (PRESET EDIT MENU 2.2) and BEND DOWN (PRESET EDIT MENU 2.3) on page 42 of the manual.

Hope this helps.
--
Moose