Little Phatty

Everything Phatty.
analogkidd

Little Phatty

Post by analogkidd » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:36 pm

Perhaps a wicked reincarnation of the famed "Prodigy"? I'd like to hear this little monster.

carbon111

Re: Little Phatty

Post by carbon111 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:18 pm

analogkidd wrote:Perhaps a wicked reincarnation of the famed "Prodigy"? I'd like to hear this little monster.
I hope not...the Prodigy had some serious limitations. This baby will be a beast! I've been waiting for a decent modern alternative to all the vintage Moogs I've owned:

http://carbon111.com/moog_lp.html

Suburban Bather

Post by Suburban Bather » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 am

Anybody know what the street price of this will be? $1,200-1,300? Lower?

carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:06 am

Suburban Bather wrote:Anybody know what the street price of this will be? $1,200-1,300? Lower?
$1350 is what I was told....

Suburban Bather

Post by Suburban Bather » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:12 am

Thats cool! If I'm willing to drop $689 on a delay then I could easily justify spending $1350 on a brand new Moog synth. That will have to wait though. I want the rest of the Foogers and a Sherman filterbank before I buy a synth.

Superdick

Nice addition

Post by Superdick » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:15 am

My credit card is still reeling from my Voyager EB purchase just last week (at last!), but I think this will be the perfect partner for my Voyager. Since I can't wait any longer for a Taurus I reissue, I think I'll grab one of these & midi my Roland bass pedals to it - it has cv pedal inputs for filter & volume, so the only thing I'll really miss will be the foot selectable voice & glide selections. Way to go, MOOG!

kentwidman

Re: Nice addition

Post by kentwidman » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:39 am

Superdick wrote:My credit card is still reeling from my Voyager EB purchase just last week (at last!), but I think this will be the perfect partner for my Voyager. Since I can't wait any longer for a Taurus I reissue, I think I'll grab one of these & midi my Roland bass pedals to it - it has cv pedal inputs for filter & volume, so the only thing I'll really miss will be the foot selectable voice & glide selections. Way to go, MOOG!
That would be a cool if moog where to develop a bass pedal add on for it.
To me it seems closes to the moog source, then anything else just without the arpeggiato, with some major advances in the interface. I’m very excited about it. :)

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:09 am

The buttons and wheels are actually illuminated with LEDs. Everything lights up when you press/mess with it to show you the current panel/parameter status.

most everything that is on anyone's list of things that it would be nice if it had,
was on our list too... and what didn't make the cut, was dropped because it added more cost to the design
than perceived benefit.

The original "alpha version" concept was: no digital board, no MIDI, no patch memory, just keys knobs and wheels, love it or leave it. Our distributors told us that they wouldn't buy such a thing because nobody would want it. Who knows whether they would have been right or not... I am really happy with the end result, I think a lot of crucial things were gotten right.

Is it too soon to mention that the LP is capable of some killer squelchy Rolandy acid?
No, I think it's not too soon... hopefully Steve Dunnington is recording some sound samples as we speak and will remember to show off that aspect. I also note that the CV inputs (pitch, gate, filter) make it a natural friend of analog sequencers everywhere... I can't wait to try driving one with my x0xb0x! Smile
i would have bought that "alpha version" especially if it was called that! instead of little phatty, alright, what's done is done, it's called little phatty, i'm over it.

i think those grey squares that contain the cutoff/res controls make it looks a bit like an early roland, like a system 100 or something, i like it, but it looks like a moog as well!