Patch compatibility between Phatties

Everything Phatty.
nathanscribe

Patch compatibility between Phatties

Post by nathanscribe » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:18 am

Hi. Just wondering about the compatibility of .syx patch files between different incarnations of the Phatty.

I have an early LP (stage I, s/n in the 300s) which has been a real workhorse since 2007 but have been considering a different model to change things up a bit. However, I have hundreds of patches for this thing which I would like to be able to use with whatever I might replace it with.

I would suspect the Slim would be entirely compatible, but what about the Sub or Sub37? Could patches be loaded directly, is there a conversion process, etc?

Cheers

Nathan

till

Re: Patch compatibility between Phatties

Post by till » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:39 am

The SubPhatty and the Sub37 do sound different form the LP and SlimPhatty. So even if there would be a way to import sound data via Sysex (never heard about such a feature), the sounds would be changed anyway.
There are also different possibilities and parameter ranges.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:11 pm

This came up before, but I can't remember the thread.

The Little Phatty can use Slim Phatty presets without any problems, however it won't accept Sub Phatty or Sub37 presets.

nathanscribe

Post by nathanscribe » Sun May 01, 2016 5:39 am

OK, thanks - I guess if I lose the LP, I lose my patches too. Might be enough of a reason to keep it after all, or at least pick up a used SP instead for the sake of space. Pity, I quite like the panel on the Sub.