Phatty Polychain

Everything Phatty.
kajo

Phatty Polychain

Post by kajo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi folks,

could someone please help me.
I would like to poly chain 4 Phattys. As far as I know one can do that by assigning a certain voice number to each synth. OK - but what happens to one of the Phattys that should play (for example) the second voice of a chord when I play only one note? Would it ignore the note?
As you can imagine in this case I would like them all to play unison.
So does anybody know how this would work?

Thanks in advance!
Kajo

TimeEchoProductions

Re: Phatty Polychain

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:35 pm

My understanding is this: if you press once key, it will play one phatty, if you press that key again, it will cycle to a new phatty(but still just one), if you depress two keys, you will get two phattys, etc. It functions with each phatty as a polyphonic voice with round robin, if I am correct. Never tried it though, only read about it, so maybe someone who has done it can chime in.
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:48 pm

When playing single notes, the system will "round robin". This can be done intentionally for interesting effects. Set each synth to a different sound, and play a bassline. Real-time glitchy awesomeness.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Raveles

Post by Raveles » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:12 am

kajo wrote:Hi folks,

could someone please help me.
I would like to poly chain 4 Phattys. As far as I know one can do that by assigning a certain voice number to each synth. OK - but what happens to one of the Phattys that should play (for example) the second voice of a chord when I play only one note? Would it ignore the note?
As you can imagine in this case I would like them all to play unison.
So does anybody know how this would work?

Thanks in advance!
Kajo
I don't know how either but it's an interesting idea. I did thought of doing this before but with the round robin thing didn't really work. I'll try looking at other resources for a way and share my findings. If you get any info on it too please share so everyone else may benefit. Thanks and good luck.