How many is a limited edition?

Everything Phatty.
Andy.T

How many is a limited edition?

Post by Andy.T » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:43 am

I see in the serial number/location post, there are now over 10500 Sub37's,that have been produced . Which is excellent for MOOG :D . But I'm curious to know how long or rather how many MOOG plan to release.
Andy

_DemonDan_

Re: How many is a limited edition?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:53 am

Well, when compared to the time it will take to get to the inevitable "heat death of the universe", the Sub 37 Tribute Edition will only be available for an extremely limited amount of time.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:12 am

the Sub 37 is limited....to the number of units they can sell.

Subber37

Post by Subber37 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:46 am

I think we can all agree by now that it's really not a limited edition anything. :lol: In fact it's sold very well and seems every studio pic or video I see these days has a sub 37 (with good reason of course it rocks!). However this does mean it's less rare than many of probably assumed it would be when we stumped up the premium for a "T.E", I just hope (selfishly?) that they never release a cheaper bog-standard version with black ends (and no doubt some improvements if the fatty is anything to go buy) as that would really be a strange one, as it would also be a couple hundred cheaper I'd guess?

Mind you I love the look of the T.E so whatever, life's too short to worry about what others get (for less). Sad to see how fast the price dropped on them in retail though (in the UK) almost £200 cheaper than when I bought (not even a year ago yet!), and second hand you have to relatively 'give them away' at around £950 to sell them! Not sure what has contributed to that, ubiquity ? build issue perception? Once they stop making them then of course they should hold their price better or even increase on the second hand market a little. Not that we bought them for that.