Slim/Little Phatty Editor - Free Version

Everything Phatty.
teiko

Slim/Little Phatty Editor - Free Version

Post by teiko » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:35 am

Dear Moog Team,

I own a Slim Phatty and Sub37 for some months now. I know currently the Sub37 editor is in development and will be realeased soon hopefully.
I saw there are also already editors for the Sub Phatty and Minitaur ... for Free, what is very nice!

However the editors for the Slim and Little Phatty can still only be purchased for $69 dollars.
Since they are out now for quite some years (and even the Slim Phatty is not built any more) I was wondering if you could think of making the SP/LP Editors also freely available?

Regarding the people who bought it can imagine some might feel a little bit fooled but I know many cases when companys released their software for free when development stopped or the products got discontinued.
So I think this would not be such a "bad move" and I believe many other SP/LP owners would be quite happy with that :)

Best regards
Michael
Windows 10 Prof. X64 / Ableton Live 11 / Slim Phatty V3.21, Sub37 V1.20 / Moog USB Driver 4.25.0

grenert

Re: Slim/Little Phatty Editor - Free Version

Post by grenert » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:28 am

Michael, I believe the LP editor is made by an independent company, Soundtower, so it's not Moog's decision to make it freely available.
Moog stuff: Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Mother-32, Werkstatt x2, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-108M
Running Moog software on Win7 64-bit
Dreams of a Voyager XL some day...

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:29 pm

If you don't mind running from an iPad, there a free Little/Slim Phatty template available for the MIDI Designer app...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

bt2513

Post by bt2513 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:08 pm

grenert wrote:Michael, I believe the LP editor is made by an independent company, Soundtower, so it's not Moog's decision to make it freely available.
Coincidentally, the Prophet-6 editor is sold by Sound Tower and costs the exact same. So that makes sense. I'm in the camp of releasing it for free although that does nothing for Moog as they no longer sell either model.