send all CCs?

Everything Phatty.
coultrain

send all CCs?

Post by coultrain » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:24 pm

When i record midi into pro tools, only the knobs that are tweaked send CC data. So if i have been tweaking a patch before recording the midi, and then go to play that midi back into the synth, the sound coming out will be different. I was wondering if there is a way to let PT receive a sort of CC status of all controllers, would that be sys-ex?

This would be helpful especially when recording a take where the knob tweak occurs halfway through. When you record a midi take, and tweak a cc halfway through the take, the only cc value that registers in my pt midi track is the value change i made halfway through. From that point on through the take, the cc value on the synth registers. But there is no cc data from before the first tweak. When i go to play back the take, because there is no cc input at the beginning, thus no cc data being output on that controller, my synth keeps the cc at the last input - the value at the END of the take. So, the sound coming out at the beginning is not how it sounded originally.

Please let me know how you deal with this. Thanks.