Slim Phatty knob problem ?

Everything Phatty.
powaviolenza

Slim Phatty knob problem ?

Post by powaviolenza » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Hello,
Ive got a Slim Phatty (bought used) and Ive been loving the sound but experiencing some weird sounding aliasing / stepping / glitches using the cutoff filter knob. Sometimes the LED light seems to be kinda out of control, or not following the course of the knob.
Anyway, I just acquired a Minitaur as well. Was schocked by how smooth & creamy the filter sounds compared to my Slim. BUT, Ive just tried controlling the Slim filter with the Minitaur knobs (through my DAW) and........ Smooth and creamy it is as well !! That makes me wonder if my Slim Phatty could have some kind of knob tracking problem or something. Seems there's no problem with the SP filter since it can be smooth & creamy when controlled by my (brand new) Minitaur knobs.

What do you guys think?
Any way I could fix that? :(
Last edited by powaviolenza on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

autoy

Re: Slim Phatty knob problem ?

Post by autoy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:41 pm

Just turn the Slim's MIDI Local to off when using with your sequencer.

powaviolenza

Post by powaviolenza » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:47 pm

But the problem is, Id like to keep my Minitaur independant so I can use it for basslines and SP for leads. Would doing that fix the weird buggy knobs thingy? (I cant test right now)

dmodhotr

Post by dmodhotr » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:15 am

It should. Sounds like you have a midi loop.

powaviolenza

Post by powaviolenza » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:48 am

Thanks - problem fixed :)