Using Doepfer DrkTime sequencer w/ 2 synths simultaneously?

Everything Phatty.
cheopsnet

Using Doepfer DrkTime sequencer w/ 2 synths simultaneously?

Post by cheopsnet » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi,

Just got my Doepfer Dark Time sequencer and it is very cool (Ordered then returned an AS Oberkorn, Dark Time provides great analog feel compared to the AS).

Quick question: Can I use the Doepfer sequencer to simultaneously run 2 different sequences for 2 different synths (in this case, one is a Dave Smith Prophet 6 and the other a Little Phatty)? If so, how would the cabling go between the 3 units?

I am thinking that row A would provide an 8-step sequence for the Prophet and row B would provide a (different) 8-step sequence for the Little Phatty; both having the Doepfer clocking coming from Ableton Live...

Thanks,
Louis

Stuka

Re: Using Doepfer DrkTime sequencer w/ 2 synths simultaneous

Post by Stuka » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Definitely -

Each 8-step register can run independently in 2x8 mode, with each register capable of transmitting on its own MIDI channel AND through it's own CV/gate ports.
The clock, transport, direction controls, etc applies to both registers simultaneously, but you still individual register control of all 8 steps, sequence length, etc.

Dark Time is a very cool little sequencer... 8)

You should be able to download the latest manual from the Doepfer web site...
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Etamin

Post by Etamin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:13 am

I added alternate coloured switch covers to my DT, which makes it easier to distinguish the skip-off-on and stop-jump-continue switches. With two rows of 1 fairly closely spaced switches, I find it really helps while performing.

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Etamin wrote:I added alternate coloured switch covers to my DT, which makes it easier to distinguish the skip-off-on and stop-jump-continue switches. With two rows of 1 fairly closely spaced switches, I find it really helps while performing.
That's a really good idea Etamin ~
Where did you find your switch covers?
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...