Slim Phatty Output issues

Everything Phatty.
BravoAlphaLima

Slim Phatty Output issues

Post by BravoAlphaLima » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:59 am

Hi guys!

Roughly two years ago, during a sound check for a show, my Slim Phatty stopped putting out sound. I quickly swapped it with a back up synth, and put the Slim aside to be looked at later. Here and there over the last two years, I would turn it on and see if the glitch disappeared, but never has.

After reading all I could find on this forum about similar issues, I updated the firmware, and tried all the other midi and resetting suggestions. I even opened it up to see if something had become detached somehow. But I've had no luck! Today I gave it another try. The only sound I can get out of the thing was out of the Headphones jack, with my amp volume at 10. What you hear is the FAINTEST whisper of a tone. It's coming out at something like 1/1000th of the volume it should be at. You can tell the tone changes if you flip through the presets, it also changes if you toggle through the oscillators settings. There is a crazy amount of noise steadily coming out of it when doing this, and should you turn any of the knobs you'll hear incremental clicking. No volume difference with the volume knob, or with the Output button.

I haven't any idea what to do next. I think I waited too long and missed my chance with the warranty, so I feel like I'm on my own with this. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Moog Slim Phatty, Moog Little Phatty, Nord C2, Rhodes Mk 5, Memotron, Hammond XK3C, Hammond M3, Leslie 760 & 860, Fender Deluxe Reverb.

paramnesia

Re: Slim Phatty Output issues

Post by paramnesia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:43 am

sounds like it needs service attention:
by Control_Voltage » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 am
Hi Guys,

Andy from Moog Tech Support here!!!

Feel free to call or email us for support with these sorts of issues, sometimes these are quite simple to suss out over the phone:

Andy Hughes, Service Manager
[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Moog Music, Inc.
Sub37TE V1.2 / 4 X CP-251, 3 x MF-104M, MF-102, MF-107, MF-108M, 4 x Mother32, MP-201
My Eurorack https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2268669
My Pedal Board https://www.modulargrid.net/p/racks/view/461843

BravoAlphaLima

Re: Slim Phatty Output issues

Post by BravoAlphaLima » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 am

Thanks! I'll send Andy a message and see what he says.
I'll update with any progress.
Moog Slim Phatty, Moog Little Phatty, Nord C2, Rhodes Mk 5, Memotron, Hammond XK3C, Hammond M3, Leslie 760 & 860, Fender Deluxe Reverb.