Noob Question: CP-251 vs. Mother-32

Everything Phatty.
Kirneh Ness

Re: Noob Question: CP-251 vs. Mother-32

Post by Kirneh Ness » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:35 pm

soulmanure wrote:Just an update--it took a couple of months to get one, but I finally did, and it's a blast, particularly with the foogers. I'm trying to figure out ways to really get it to work with my slim phatty, and I'm realizing I'll need a lot more cables, which is great fun. Thanks again for the help!
20160124_151405.jpg
Great! What is the stand you have your Foogers on?
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

soulmanure

Post by soulmanure » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Hey Kirneh Ness,
I considered doing a rackmount situation, which would cost about two hundred, and would be awkward in my situation. Then I measured my wife's laptop stand and realized that it would be perfect, and quite a bit cheaper. It holds precisely three foogers, is adjustable, and, according to the description, can carry the weight. We'll see how long it lasts. Here's the link:

http://www.furinno.com/collections/lapd ... lack-black

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:59 am

soulmanure wrote:Hey Kirneh Ness,
I considered doing a rackmount situation, which would cost about two hundred, and would be awkward in my situation. Then I measured my wife's laptop stand and realized that it would be perfect, and quite a bit cheaper. It holds precisely three foogers, is adjustable, and, according to the description, can carry the weight. We'll see how long it lasts. Here's the link:

http://www.furinno.com/collections/lapd ... lack-black
Thanks a lot. I will definitely check it out.

I have from the start decided against the rackmount solution as well as putting my foogers permanently on my pedalboard. I view them almost as independent instruments. And tearing the sides of one to make it fit is a punishable offense in my view :lol: . Also, when jamming with friends, it's nice to be able to bring along just one (or two if you really want to annoy them). So rackmount is a no go. And having them flat on the desktop makes patching a bit difficult. So, I'll look into you suggestion. Thanks again!
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

soulmanure

Post by soulmanure » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Kirneh Ness wrote:
soulmanure wrote: I have from the start decided against the rackmount solution as well as putting my foogers permanently on my pedalboard. I view them almost as independent instruments. And tearing the sides of one to make it fit is a punishable offense in my view :lol: . Also, when jamming with friends, it's nice to be able to bring along just one (or two if you really want to annoy them). So rackmount is a no go. And having them flat on the desktop makes patching a bit difficult. So, I'll look into you suggestion. Thanks again!
No problem! And I agree--when they were flat on my desk, they were irritating to control, especially for the cv inputs. With the control over the angle and the weight of the foogers, they sit solidly on the stand. I've considered drilling a hole in the back plate and using the screws on the fooger to secure them, but it hasn't been necessary.